Macifoma Nintendo - NES Emulator on the Macintosh platform
Macifom is a highly-accurate NES emulator and debugger written in Objective-C that leverages the latest Mac OS X APIs to provide excellent performance and usability. The purpose of this project to facilitate new NES development on the Mac OS X platform while leveraging OS X technologies such as AppKit, OpenCL, CoreAudio, OpenGL and more!
Currently, Macifom has the following features:
- Cycle-exact CPU (6502) emulation for valid opcodes
- Scanline-accurate rendering by the PPU
- Excellent sound reproduction care of Blargg's Nes_snd_emu library
- Windowed and full-screen display modes.
- Controller input via keyboard.
- Support for NROM, UNROM, CNROM, AxROM and MMC1 mappers.
- A debugger featuring live disassembly of program code, reading and writing of memory values, display of CPU registers and step-through of opcodes.
Last update: 2010-07-19
Author's website: http://code.google.com/p/macifom/
Leave a comment
You need to be logged in to post comments!
Not yet registered? Click here to register!