Acorn - Archimedes Emulators
|ArcEm||ArcEm is a portable open-source emulator for the Acorn Archimedes. It's capable of running multiple operating systems including RISC OS and ARM Linux.|
|Archie||Archie is an emulation of the Acorn Archimedes hardware (A3xx/A4xx/A3xxx) for DOS/Windows.|
|Arculator||An Archimedes emulator by Tom Walker.|
|Red Squirrel||This is another Acorn Archimedes emulator for Windows. You will need to obtain copies of the RISC OS 3.1 roms before you can use Red Squirrel.|
|Virtual Acorn||Virtual Acorn allows you to run the Acorn operating system RISC OS on a Windows PC with Windows 2000, XP or Vista (and others). Any RISC OS programs can then be run on the PC. VirtualAcorn can operate inside a window, just like any other Windows application, but can also run full screen. In full screen mode the PC looks and feels just like an Acorn computer. VirtualAcorn requires no extra hardware to be fitted in your PC and can be installed in minutes.
Every copy of VirtualAcorn comes with appropriate software and documentation including:
- An appropriate version of the Acorn RISC operating system.
- Complete HTML RISC OS user manual with EasyStart front end.
- Virtual ADFS hard disk drive with the latest !Boot sequence.
- Facility to read Acorn floppy discs and CD-ROMs.
- Power management and networking support.
- Bundled ROM based applications such as !Paint and !Draw.
- Full commercial versions of Ovation, DrawWorks and Mr Clippy.
- Sample software packs of Public Domain, Freeware and Shareware programs.
- Pre-configured memory settings which allows VirtualAcorn to run "out of the box".
- Access to the many thousands of RISC OS applications available.
This is easily the best Acorn Archimedes emulator available, but unfortunately it is not free and requires a purchase.