Delete the non-working news posters, and a list of the staff members

Cornellius

- Delete the news posters who aren't posting news.
- Ask for a minimum of news for about, let's say, a week, or a month, I dunno.

- It would be nice to have a list of the staff members on the main page, kinda like the old ZD.

- Delete the news posters who aren't posting news.
- Ask for a minimum of news for about, let's say, a week, or a month, I dunno.

- It would be nice to have a list of the staff members on the main page, kinda like the old ZD.

Well, I would post news. However, one of two things usually happens:

1. Someone beats me to a story.
2. Life intervenes and throws school, friends, and family my way.

I guess that I just don't know where to look for a news story.

"- Delete the news posters who aren't posting news."
Hey hey what the hell is this? I'm not posting news because there's no true emulator updates for the N64. Instead I'm uploading USF soundtracks as HCS adds them around every week or more, and I fixed the N64 emulators section, added some plugins and utilities, etcetera. I can't be that useless. Now there are definitely some potential news articles for the N64, but topics like "Project64 may be coming back to life" just ain't it. silly oxen glueing their eyes on screen disregarding facts

We already have a staff list.
http://www.zophar.net/forums/showgroups.php

It's the vBulletin system; every forum index links to it.

Last edited:
Hey hey what the hell is this? I'm not posting news because there's no true emulator updates for the N64. Instead I'm uploading USF soundtracks as HCS adds them around every week or more, and I fixed the N64 emulators section, added some plugins and utilities, etcetera. I can't be that useless. Now there are definitely some potential news articles for the N64, but topics like "Project64 may be coming back to life" just ain't it. silly oxen glueing their eyes on screen disregarding facts

We already have a staff list.
http://www.zophar.net/forums/showgroups.php

It's the vBulletin system; every forum index links to it.

well perhaps you should take on another section. Perhaps a more active one?

or here's an idea. Maybe posting some news that isn't being covered by anyone else? Don't just limt yourself to your particular section

Back when I was running it I would post USF archive updates as news. 'course, they were coming a bit faster then and I could batch them...

I'm not talking only about you. In fact, when I made this post, I wasn't thinking about you at all. There's some people who did not post anything. Not a single word from them. I know that the Nintendo 64 scene isn't as active as it used to be, but like it has been said, don't limit yourself to that section or to emulators. You can post any cool things that have to do with the Nintendo 64. You can also ask to maintain another section if you want to.

This post was mainly about the ones who never posted a word, who are here only "for the title".

How about anyone staffer could post any news about any section on a private forum (available only to staffers), and then, have a person or two write them on the main page. I'm suggesting this if someone was tired of doing one particular section, or if the section one's maintaining isn't very active at the moment.

It's just that we re-created Zophar in order to keep it alive. In the 1996-2000 era, Zophar's Domain was far more active, but then, so were the emulators.

As for the staff list, where did you find that link ? Edman should make it available on the main page. If it's already there, it's well hidden.

Last edited:
This isn't about self-limitation. Of course if you want you can--change or work on a different field--but this shouldn't be that complex: If there is an emulator update post news. In fact silence is also acceptable; some content managers might be waiting for user feedback and care. It's not likely...just as you said if certainly they're only wanting the title but appear inactive as well there's no reason not to delete them; only then is there a valid idea as to why to delete them.

It's the forums index page. I very rarely use it since the New Posts link is tons easier, but /forums/index.php has those kinds of links and statistics.

Well in that perspective there's not enough info. Even if it's been a year who knows if they're waiting for something or for sure why they haven't did anything to content. If Edman doesn't have the patience it's up to him / not us. Bear in mind these people were actually willing to contact him and answer his question and probably are subject to some kind of disregard for activity. We only know there's enough info when they like abuse the privelege or something.

Edman hasn't even logged into the forum in a month, much less issued any edicts. I think it's safe to assume he either really trusts his content managers or simply does not care what they do.
Unless he's been kidnapped, murdered, or worse, but I generally wait for the second full month of absence to suspect that.

Before he went on vacation he assigned some super moderators, so he probably does trust them pretty well. It sure looked like he cared. I never got why many forum admins attend their own forums infrequently; I know they all had optimism in common.

Since not all emulation- or system-related discoveries and inventions are published it could be wise to consistently post news on only emulator updates.

I suppose he'd have to care to pay money for such a thing, ehhh?
Well whatever the case is I don't think it's worth waiting for that person to reappear and approve or nay-say minor changes in policy because it doesn't look like he's going to very soon.

Well...okay, then. That brings me to another question. Would major non-hardware news, such as when Final Fantasy XIII was announced for the Xbox 360, be considered postable news? I think posts about massively popular franchises (i.e.: Super Mario Bros., Halo, Final Fantasy, etc.) would be okay, right?

I'm with Rattlehead on this one. I'm for posting any games related news on the main page. If you're posting only about emulators, the main page won't be updated often because emulators aren't as active as they used to be. News like "PS3 price drop annouced", or "Final Fantasy XIII to be out the (insert date)", or even "New Wii firmware available", are very pertinent news.

Either rename "Emulation news" to "Gaming news", or create a new forum called "Gaming news".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom