Delete the non-working news posters, and a list of the staff members

They are still updated often even though emulation hasn't grown any younger.
http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Even if it wouldn't jumble what this site was created to keep track of from the gaming news posts due to fewer emulator updates it's still inconsistent tracing to the beginning. Whatever source these kinds of news you instantiated came from would have been a long better source; trying to emulate those sources since now could only dishonor. As a very old site choosing to update factual news of evidential emulator releases it's a dramatic change.

They are still updated often even though emulation hasn't grown any younger.
http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Even if it wouldn't jumble what this site was created to keep track of from the gaming news posts due to fewer emulator updates it's still inconsistent tracing to the beginning. Whatever source these kinds of news you instantiated came from would have been a long better source; trying to emulate those sources since now could only dishonor. As a very old site choosing to update factual news of evidential emulator releases it's a dramatic change.

I haven't said a word about emulating the sources. Just visit the Zsnes, Snes9x, or any other emulator web pages once per day to see if there's a new version. Of course, to copy news from other emulation sites is wrong. All I've is to add any gaming news to the main page, and keep the emulation news, of course.

Of course the news posted on initially-dedicated gaming news sites is not a primary resource; they as well as magazines and newspapers are only secondary resources. It is understandable to cite primary sources or any secondary sources usually.

At the very least the gaming news should be separated from the emulator news, as people value this site for different reasons. To me the best approach for this is to create a forum within zophar.net/forum instead; posting gaming news on the front page is posting it where people who know what this site was started for may look every day for updates.

Don't be afraid of change, that's a lesson I've learned in life. Also, if more people come to us for updates, it's good. I mean, that was the mains goal of the site after all. Now comes the part of being good at searching for news and keep the rhythm.

It can be done through hard work. Such a dramating change may begin so late. I am always changing; life has nothing constant.

But they must somehow be divided into categories for emulators and gaming. They can still be on the home page mixed together. I am probably one of the few here who would pity a multipurpose site that designed a specialty in one purpose but makes mistakes in the others. If gaming news is replicated here it should be done without preventable mistakes, but few people would it dishonor. This idea depends on the outlook on ignorance.

How about we have labels for "Gaming" news posts and "Emulation" news posts, visible on the main page. Or, we could select which type of article it is (using good judgment and common sense) and have different colored backgrounds for the posts on the main page. For example, if I post a "Gaming" article, my post's background color would be dark green. If I post an "Emulation" article, then the story's background color is dark blue. It's just an idea.

Also, about the story's source: We could either offer a link to the original story, or we could just list the source under the article's body. Of course, we'd obviously have to write the story ourselves, not do a CTRL+X/CTRL+V drive-by. All just ideas, nothing more. n_n

nope needs division on at least one page

Letting the jumble be on the main page is pretty acceptable if there is enough work put into it to not disappoint people to take a second longer to see only the emulator release news. Some people have no respect for gaming news by learning through secondary sources, but emulator releases are primarily online. And this is an old website.

nope needs division on at least one page

Letting the jumble be on the main page is pretty acceptable if there is enough work put into it to not disappoint people to take a second longer to see only the emulator release news. Some people have no respect for gaming news by learning through secondary sources, but emulator releases are primarily online. And this is an old website.

So lemme get this straight...you're against submitting non-emulation news, even if it is a major announcement and you only want news specifically about emulator releases posted. Not that I'm trying to sound smartass-ish, because I'm just trying to understand this all right now...for serious.

Rebuttal time, I guess. It's pretty hard to find out about new emulators released online when you're a 17-year-old high school senior, you have quite a few friends, you have a large extended family that have birthdays every freaking month, you're actively searching for a job, and on top of all of that, you're crazy in the head and go to therapy every week. I'm all of the above. It's a lot easier for me find out about and write articles about new gaming hardware and major software announcements, than scour the Internet at 2:00 A.M. looking for new emulators to announce. Okay, I'm off of my soapbox now.

I'm not trying to make excuses or be an ass about it, but life hasn't dealt me the best hand of cards this round, so...I dunno.

Already Cornellius' poll has been answered No a significant number of times. Long-time members who have contributed to emulation like hcs probably don't need this dramatic-step in based on no business concern without Edman's consent. If this is your reasoning it is only to silence the preservance of other members.

This is another factor as well. Am I against this? I suppose you never noticed that, but now I return to my original standpoint. This is up to Edman and those here who do work related to emulation engineering as to whether this main cause is to be half-silenced with the sure desires of only a couple of members. Site update frequency (e.g. not many emulator releases) is also not important as long as it matches the progress that has happened.

All I said is that some division between these kinds of news must be. As the representative of this new idea your oversensitivity to my view tells me to return to my point before.

I created the poll yesterday, give it more time. You should also stop living in the past. I've been here since the creation of Zophar's domain, but I was using another nickname before 2001.

"This is up to Edman and those here who do work related to emulation engineering as to whether this main cause is to be half-silenced with the sure desires of only a couple of members."

Let the users tell you what they really want. After having heard what they want and what they've said, you'll be able to do the actions you judge best, but at least, take some time and listen to the community. I'm not asking to accept any user's demands, but you have to at least listen to all of them. I know that the staffers and moderators are doing the work here, and that Edman have the last word, but you have to take user response in consideration when making your choices. This is a site for the public, and the public is the judge.

I'd just like to note that my "no" vote was merely personal preference. Many sites I visit are of the low update variety, and I get my general video game news from other sources.
But I realize that this is a new ZD, and the old one died rather than match the slower pace of emulation development, and it's true that I haven't been around as long as Corny, so as much as I love to be talked about let's not use me as a point of discussion.

I'd just like to note that my "no" vote was merely personal preference. Many sites I visit are of the low update variety, and I get my general video game news from other sources.
But I realize that this is a new ZD, and the old one died rather than match the slower pace of emulation development, and it's true that I haven't been around as long as Corny, so as much as I love to be talked about let's not use me as a point of discussion.

Oh, I'm sure you had your reasons for voting no, and I have no problem with that.

I know the poll is far from finished.

If there is even one negative answer to the idea even Edman approving it has the risk of losing members. As the oldest known (to me) emulation site forgetting about old values will lose that value by losing old members.

I know the poll is far from finished.

If there is even one negative answer to the idea even Edman approving it has the risk of losing members. As the oldest known (to me) emulation site forgetting about old values will lose that value by losing old members.

We already lost these old members when ZD stopped posting news and started to die. Some stayed, some went to others pages to get their emulation news. I'm not asking to stop posting news about emulators, just asking to post also post some news about gaming in general.

Xeon3D might have left, but by using some number of people who left compared to those who stayed this site's standing is completely ignored. For that reason the change is so dramatic the judgment of the entire site will be altered. This is just foolish until more than two people are firmly confident about the idea, so it was wise to start a poll.

Xeon3D might have left, but by using some number of people who left compared to those who stayed this site's standing is completely ignored. For that reason the change is so dramatic the judgment of the entire site will be altered. This is just foolish until more than two people are firmly confident about the idea, so it was wise to start a poll.

Hrm... A lot more staffers quit when ZD went on hiatus, not just Xeon. There was a time where ZD was known to be a message board, and after a place for emulation news. I don't know why some stopped looking for news, but it was really sad to see that the last news were posted almost 3 years before the current date. Not only some staffers quit, but some people of the community also. If they came back at the ZD's revival, that I don't know. Go look the staff personal icons thread and tell me how many of them you remember.

Last edited:
Zero at least...I only know Xeon3D left after this "Renaissance" period began. I was invited here by a fellow moderator somewhere else. That site is in this site's stage before Edman picked it up from SwampGas.

Every number counts however. Such criticism for your debate is mere insensitivity to the guests who can see this thread. It is not impossible for someone who knew this site as it once was to not be here to challenge this idea. So far the poll response posts were only critical at worst, but we will see. I only expected caution.

Then there's going to be a lot of reading.

He did say once he read all new threads anyway. I'm not sure I believe that...in fact anyone who uses the forum index page is going to have a hard time complying to that check.

Soon before I reported that the USF track that didn't reupload wasn't the GBA one he reuploaded instead he left for vacation. But that's alright; if he gets back we'll know he's alive. It probably won't take him like that long to scan through the attention threads for him. And hey, this kind of thing has happened a lot of times, the admin leaving for a while and not coming back for a long time.

We just need to hope he's alive and that he sees the problems (unless he is alive but just doesn't log on ever again :D which kind of turns the tables).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom