Hardcade Frontend v3.2.7b is available for download:
Hardcade is a frontend interface for WinKawaks NeoGeo Finalburn Raine Model 2 Model 3 Kega Nebula Supermodel People Nestopia VirtuaNES Demul NullDC Sega Dreamcast bsnes Zsnes Gba N64 emulator VisualBoyAdvance Snes9x pSX Playstation Game Boy Advance.
Dear Zophar Team,
I came around to improving the Chip-8 emulator 00SChip8 that is listed here. I can now safely say it runs all of the games. I also included the Source Code so anyone can learn from it.
The new author link for this emulator is:
This is version "V1.2015".
00SChip8 - Chip-8 Emulator
00Schip8 uses parts of OGRE engine to render the screen, sound changes frequency based on the sound timer for a funnier effect, it can emulate both Chip8 and SuperChip. It can emulate all of the games, official and unofficial.
The emulator has now been made Open Source.
+ Now utilizes various inline x86 assembly instead of manual carry flag detection and various speed improvements.
+ No longer resets game speed when the game is reset.
+ Fixed rendering artifacts and inaccurate collision detection.
+ Fixed SHL,1 (shift register left by 1) that set Register F to the least significant bit instead of the most significant bit.
+ Small GUI changes.
The games run in various screen sizes depending on what the game requests. It supports the following keyboard inputs:
3 Input: 0x1 [Decimal: 01]
4 Input: 0x2 [Decimal: 02]
5 Input: 0x3 [Decimal: 03]
6 Input: 0xC [Decimal: 12]
E Input: 0x4 [Decimal: 04]
R Input: 0x5 [Decimal: 05]
T Input: 0x6 [Decimal: 06]
Y Input: 0xD [Decimal: 13]
D Input: 0x7 [Decimal: 07]
F Input: 0x8 [Decimal: 08]
G Input: 0x9 [Decimal: 09]
H Input: 0xE [Decimal: 14]
C Input: 0xA [Decimal: 10]
V Input: 0x0 [Decimal: 00]
B Input: 0xB [Decimal: 11]
N Input: 0xF [Decimal: 15]
I have always been very interested in emulators and it was announced that Chip-8 is a great platform to learn the concept behind it. After creating one I definitely learned a lot about how the CPU (registers, opcodes, state-flags, stack and program execution), RAM (overflowing, operations between CPU/RAM, dynamic ASM generation) and GPU (pixel plotting, collision feedback, sprites) work.
The emulator ships with the Chip-8 Program Pack by Revival Studios. Our favorite game is: "Ant - In Search of Coke [Erin S. Catto]", an amazing SuperChip sidescroller.
AmiArcadia and WinArcadia had been updated to v22.75 (2015/01/12):
WinArcadia is available for the Windows plaform. AmiArcadia is available for AmigaOS and MorphOS.
"AmiArcadia and WinArcadia are multi-emulators of these machines:
* the Emerson Arcadia 2001 console family (Bandai, Emerson, Grandstand, Intervision, Leisure-Vision, Leonardo, MPT-03, Ormatu, Palladium, Poppy, Robdajet, Tele-Fever, Tempest, Tryom, Tunix, etc.) (1982);
* the Interton VC 4000 console family (Acetronic, Fountain, Hanimex, Interton, Prinztronic, Radofin, Rowtron, Soundic, Voltmace, Waddington, etc.) (c. 1978);
* the Elektor TV Games Computer (1979);
* PIPBUG-based machines (EA 77up2, EA 78up5, Signetics Adaptable Board Computer, Eurocard 2650, etc.) (c. 1977-1978);
* the Signetics Instructor 50 trainer (1978);
* the Central Data 2650 computer (1977);
* the Astro Wars, Cat and Mouse, Galaxia, and Laser Battle coin-ops by Zaccaria (1979-1982);
* the Malzak 1 and 2 coin-ops by Kitronix (c. 1980);
* the Chaos 2 computer (1983);
* the Dolphin trainer (1977);
* the PHUNSY computer (c. 1980);
* AY-3-8550/8600-based Pong systems (c. 1976-1977);
* the Ravensburger Selbstbaucomputer aka 2650 Minimal Computer trainer (1984); and
* the MIKIT 2650 trainer (1978)."
JsDOSBox version 3.1 had been released (2015/01/19)
- Better performance
- Sound re-implemented. Sound now stereo. Also works in Firefox
This is a Japanese emulator for the Sharp X68000 not to be confused with XM6. The changelog from the previous version is
o XM6 TypeG version 3.13 a little and follow the L30 (2014/11/16).
- And follow the contact portion between VM-CPU core.
- And follow the interrupt delay processing of the MFP.
- And follow the keyboard matrix processing. (Leave the default disabled)
o Nereid updated emulation from its own implementation to TypeG implementation.
Supports automatic generation mode of o MAC address.
o abolish the "Tools> Nereid save the bank memory to a file (provisional)".
Updated to o wxWidgets 3.0 system.
I assign o JP array [\ _ filtration] key to X68k key 0x34 [_].
I assign o US array [= +] key to X68k key 0x0d [^].
o US array ['"] the key X68k key 0x28 [:] I assign to.
o JP array [SHIFT] + [0 Wa] and to separate the [SHIFT] + [^ to ~]. (WxGTK)
and mounting the LED display on the o software keyboard. Change the color scheme.
the folder of o (wxMSW) launcher configuration file (xm6i.ini) from $ HOME
Change to CSIDL_APPDATA.
o Added "file> Display the configuration file path" dialog launcher.
o ver 0.44 Fixed a problem that was no longer possible since the CD boot.
Fixed key input remains a problem when the focus is out o the main window.
Download it here (Windows), here (Mac), or at http://xm6i.org/ where you can get the NetBSD version too.
<< Older News
ROMs (Public Domain)
Music Playback / Manipulation