Pantheon version 3.012 is available for download:
"Pantheon is Windows desktop application with collection of games for video consoles and home computers from the past.
It has support for:
- Acorn Atom
- Acorn Electron
- Acorn BBC Micro
- Atari 2600
- Atari 5200
- Atari 7800
- Atari 800/XE
- Atari Lynx
- Magnavox Odyssey 2
- MSX computers
- Sega Master System
- Sega Game Gear
- Amstrad CPC (In Development)
- Mattel Intellivision (In Development)
Virtual JaguarX 1.10 is available for download:
Virtual JaguarX is an Atari Jaguar emulator for Xbox.
"This is a new release of Virtual JaguarX, the Atari Jaguar emulator for Xbox. It is faster than the previous version, thanks to having optimized the texture management (thanks to freakdave, madmab and weinerschnitzel!). This makes some games run a bit faster, and improves audio quality in other games.
what is new
* Speed improvement thanks to having optimized the texture management (thanks to freakdave, madmab and weinerschnitzel!). This makes some games run a bit faster, and improves audio quality in other games.
* Some small improvements in the GUI (for example, now when you exit from a game, the GUI goes to that game in the rom list)."
AlmostTI version 2.7 for the Android platform is available for download:
- Google Play
"AlmostTI turns your Android device into a Texas Instruments graphing calculator. It fully emulates TI-84+, TI-84+ Silver Edition, TI-83+, TI-83+ Silver Edition, TI-73, TI-83, TI-85, TI-86, TI-82, and TI-81 calculators made by Texas Instruments. And yes, if you have got a tablet, it will become a really BIG TI calculator. AlmostTI also lets you save your calculations at any point and then select from several previously saved tasks."
AlmostTI is commercial software and it is being sold at $4.99.
LaunchBox 4.7 is available for download:
LaunchBox is a emulators frontend for the Windows Platform. It supports several emulators, including support DOSBox, Steam and ScummVM launching. It also downloads the games artwork from several sources. It is freeware but you can also buy "LaunchBox Premium" that has more customization options.
DeSmuME has been updated to version 0.9.11 (2015/04/15).
- SourceForge Code
DeSmuME is a Nintendo DS emulator. DeSmuME supports DS homebrew nds roms and demo programs, including a handful of wireless multi-boot nds roms. It is available for the Windows 32 and 64 bits platform. It is open source under the GNU GPL V2 license.
Big Blue Frontend had been updated: (2015/04/15)
"Big Blue is a frontend for any command line program (MAME or any game) that works on any setup on the Windows platform. You can use it with an arcade cabinet with a 15khz arcade monitor or a desktop computer with a 3840x2160 monitor. It is available for the Windows platform."
Romulus version 0.028 (2015/04/13) is available for download:
"Romulus is a ROM management tool. It is available for the Windows platform. Tested under Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 & Windows 10, included the 64Bits versions. Tested too on WINE for Linux and Mac"
BizHawk v1.9.4 is available for donwload.
BizHawk is a A multi-system emulator written in C#. It is available for Windows and MacOS. It is open source software released under the MIT License.
The supported systems are:
* Nintendo Entertainment System / Famicom / Famicom Disk System (NES/FDS)
* Super Nintendo (SNES)
* Nintendo 64
* Gameboy Color
* Super Gameboy
* Sega Master System
* Game Gear
* Sega Genesis
* Sega Saturn
* PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16) / CD-ROM
* Atari 2600
* Atari 7800
* TI-83 Calculator
- URL: https://code.google.com/p/bizhawk/
AmiArcadia and WinArcadia had been updated to v23.05 (2015/04/08):
WinArcadia is available for the Windows plaform. AmiArcadia is available for AmigaOS and MorphOS.
"AmiArcadia and WinArcadia are multi-emulators of these machines:
* the Emerson Arcadia 2001 console family (Bandai, Emerson, Grandstand, Intervision, Leisure-Vision, Leonardo, MPT-03, Ormatu, Palladium, Poppy, Robdajet, Tele-Fever, Tempest, Tryom, Tunix, etc.) (1982);
* the Interton VC 4000 console family (Acetronic, Fountain, Hanimex, Interton, Prinztronic, Radofin, Rowtron, Soundic, Voltmace, Waddington, etc.) (c. 1978);
* the Elektor TV Games Computer (1979);
* PIPBUG-based machines (EA 77up2, EA 78up5, Signetics Adaptable Board Computer, Eurocard 2650, etc.) (c. 1977-1978);
* the Signetics Instructor 50 trainer (1978);
* the Central Data 2650 computer (1977);
* the Astro Wars, Cat and Mouse, Galaxia, and Laser Battle coin-ops by Zaccaria (1979-1982);
* the Malzak 1 and 2 coin-ops by Kitronix (c. 1980);
* the Chaos 2 computer (1983);
* the Dolphin trainer (1977);
* the PHUNSY computer (c. 1980);
* AY-3-8550/8600-based Pong systems (c. 1976-1977);
* the Ravensburger Selbstbaucomputer aka 2650 Minimal Computer trainer (1984); and
* the MIKIT 2650 trainer (1978)."
This week, I updated my VGBAnext and VGB emulators for Android, and released the new version of VGB-Windows. Both emulators have got fixes to the PCM sound channel pitch (Pokemon Yellow, Baloon Kid, etc) and the legacy hardware window support (Duke Nukem, etc).
By public request, VGBAnext now comes with the material-styled "floating action button". Pressing it will rerun the last game you played. If you do not like this button, disabled it in the Settings.
Finally, I have optimized VGBAnext for Nvidia Shield Portable and similar gaming devices. You can now use the File Selector with your gamepad alone, without ever touching the screen. More optimizations for the gaming devices will be coming later.
See below for the complete list of changes.
VGBAnext 1.3 -- GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, and GameBoy Classic Emulator
* Added floating action button that starts the last played game.
* Added "Show Floating Action Button" option to the Settings.
* Fixed window display in old GameBoy (Duke Nukem and other games).
* Fixed legacy wave sound pitch (Pokemon Yellow, Baloon Kid, etc).
* Removed waveform interpolation for more realistic sound.
* Optimized legacy wave sound emulation.
* Optimized controls for Nvidia SHIELD Portable and similar devices.
* FIRE-R, FIRE-Y, and SELECT buttons open File Selector main menu.
* FIRE-X button opens File Selector navigation menu.
* FIRE-L button opens Gallery from the File Selector.
* FIRE-B button now exits File Selector.
* Fixed "About VGBAnext" banner.
VGB 4.6 -- GameBoy Color, GameBoy Classic, and Super GameBoy Emulator
* Fixed window display (Duke Nukem and other games).
* Corrected wave sound pitch (Pokemon Yellow, Baloon Kid, etc).
* Removed waveform interpolation for more realistic sound.
* Fixed crash when detecting an outdated version.
* Optimized wave sound emulation.
* Added Adventure of Lolo and Catz cheats.
* Added Alfred Chicken and Casper cheats.
* Added Croc and Croc 2 cheats.
* Added Airforce Delta cheats.
<< Older News
ROMs (Public Domain)
Music Playback / Manipulation