mGalaxy has been updated. Author's note:
|mGalaxy is now able to display video preview of your games.|
See it on action:
New and updated in this release:
... Note that since v4.0 mGalaxy is multi-emulator compatible!
Spread the news !!
More info and download on http://www.mgalaxy.com
|nGlide is a freeware Glide wrapper for Windows and DOS games. It allows you to play 3Dfx games on modern GeForce/Radeon graphics cards. Some of them are Diablo 2, Need for Speed 2-5, Carmageddon 2, Tomb Raider, Turok. All three API versions are supported, Glide 2.1 (glide.dll), Glide 2.4 (glide2x.dll) and Glide 3.0 (glide3x.dll). Glide wrapper also supports high resolution modes.|
nGlide 1.01 changelog:
-added support for Centipede
-added support for Scorched Planet
-fixed Extreme Boards and Blades missing skate wheels
-fixed Gulf War: Operation Desert Hammer texturing issue
-fixed Incubation: Time Is Running Out main menu issues
-fixed Incubation: The Wilderness Missions main menu issues
-fixed POD lens flare effect
-fixed UEFA Euro 2000 main menu glitch
-fixed Ultima 9: Ascension missing special effects
-fixed Uprising 2: Lead and Destroy broken text
-added support for Pro Rally 2001
-added support for Xtreme Air Racing
-added support for CHROMARANGE and TEXCHROMA extensions
-fixed 2002 FIFA World Cup main menu glitch
-fixed Die Hard Trilogy 2 crash
-fixed FIFA 2002 main menu glitch
-fixed NHL 2000 tutorials screen glitch
-fixed Return to Castle Wolfenstein high detail light maps crash
-fixed several SDK and demoscene demos
Glide wrapper download:
|Major update: mGalaxy is now multi-emulators compatible!|
New and updated in this release:
• mGalaxy is now working with a lot of emulators, covering major arcade, computer and console systems
• New button in ‘mGalaxy Runway’ to quickly erase an “old” MAME database, when a new MAME version is installed.
• New button in ‘mGalaxy Runway’ to backup the user’s settings to an auto-extractible .zip archive.
• The ‘Escape’ key (Player 1 + Player 2 combination for ‘I-Pac’ owner) previously used to quit mGalaxy is now used to choose the console/system you want to play OR quit mGalaxy.
• New 'Interface Volume' settings in the Menu window.
• New sound engine, no more need to have Windows Media Player installed to hear music.
Download the frontend from mGalaxy.com
Credits to mGalaxy for the news.
FBZX Wii, a Spectrum ZX for the Nintendo Wii has been added.
- Screen snapshots visible on screen in file select menus;
- Option to activate the virtual keyboard with the wiimote IR pointer;
- Changed menu navigation rules (2 and B always come back to previuos menu);
- FTP and SMP connect also after start up;
- Tape stops after machine selection change;
- Fixed contention in normal mode emulation;
- Fixed crackling in turbo auto mode;
- Other minor bug fixes.
Download it here or at http://code.google.com/p/fbzx-wii/
ZX emulator for the DS has been updated.
- Spectrum +2A/+3 snapshots are not rejected right away anymore. Instead, they are executed in 128K mode with extended paging enabled. This makes some +2A/+3 RZXs and exclusive software work quite fine.
- Added a bit of color coding to the controls screen.
Download it here or at http://zxds.raxoft.cz/
PSX emulator for PC/Windows updated:
- Many fixes to the cd-rom decoder and core that fixed almost 150 games
- Improved input devices support
- On the fly memory card change
- Fixed changedisc feature
- Support for SBI subchannel files
- Support for PBP disc images
- Cheat codes support
Download it here or at http://www.epsxe.com/
Thanks to Kyou Kitsune for the news.
TurboGrafx/PC-Engine emulator for PC/Windows updated
- The movement of \"6-Button Pad\" has been improved. In \"Emerald Dragon\", the problem that the III-VI button of 6-Button Pad did not occasionally work was solved.
- With a fast CD-ROM access PC environment, in the last stage of \"Tengai Makyou II\", the problem that the voice occasionally became interrupted was solved.
- With a fast CD-ROM access PC environment, in \"Ranma 1/2\", the problem that the display of the visual scene occasionally fell into disorder was solved.
- With a fast CD-ROM access PC environment, in \"Mugen Senshi Valis\", the problem that had occasionally stopped was solved.
- Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
Download it here or at http://www.ouma.jp/ootake/
NES emulator updated
- Huge mappers overhaul, all latest mappers from fceu-mm;
- Win32: Bug fixes;
- Win32: Proper fullscreen support and correct aspect ratio;
- Win32: Major improvement of debugging tools;
- Win32: TAS Editor 1.0;
- Various bugfixes in movies/replay engine;
- Improved Lua drawing, new Lua functions and scripts;
- Win32: fixed compare-type cheats and game genie codes;
- \"Display FPS\" option;
- Win32: \"Force Grayscale\" option;
- Win32: Support for HUD recording in AVI dumping;
- SDL: fixed various segfaults and build issues;
- SDL: added gtk hotkey configuration dialog.
Download it here or at http://www.fceux.com/
ZX emulator for Windows updated.
- show extended rzx error info;
- fix reset lag for PROFI ULA 5.xx;
- fix reset behavior;
- fix PROFI ULA timings (thanks to solegstar);
- fix #FF port for PROFI ULA;
- add ATM710 memory module;
- add new predefined machine configs: ATM Turbo 2, PROFI 3.XX.
Download here or at http://zxmak2.codeplex.com/
ZX emulator for WIndows updated.
- renamed from \"no$zx81\" to \"no$zx\" (now spans the whole sinclair ZX series);
- webpage: added screenshots of debugger and games, and even a modern photo;
- new zx81 hires game: hero (activision game ported from msx to zx81);
- new zx81 hires game: beamrider (activision game ported from msx to zx81);
- new zx81 and jupiter ace hires game: magic floor (small search game);
- zxprogs: updated zxprogs.zip package (some best of zx81/zx80 compilation);
- a22i: assembler sample source code found in magiczx.zip (on nocash webpage);
- gui: memorizes recent files list (for restarting them from within file menu);
- schematics: released edited versions of zx80 and jupiter ace schematics;
- a22i: assembler supports formulas with brackets, ALU ops and boolean stuff;
- zx81 video: supports hires with invert attribute (eg. for explosions);
- zx81 video: supports UDG user-def-graphics (aka RAM/ROM charset expansions);
- tape: supports .tzx format (mostly for copy-protections or turbo loaders);
- help: more or less complete specs for countless hardware expansions;
- help: added spectrum specs, lambda specs, jupiter ace specs;
- added zx80 autostart in a22i/help/xmit/emu (nocash ld h,l trick);
- added lambda 8300 and jupiter ace emulation;
- sound: emulates spectrum ULA, and various PSG/DAC/speech sound expansions;
- added spectrum support (complete spectrum series including timex versions);
- xboo: added slow/mixed transfer support for zx80 (instead of for zx81 only);
- windows version: emulates printer: window/scrollbar/flush/copy/advance;
- debug window: font size option, moved af'bc'de'hl' to debug window;
- fixed true-hires bitmap glitches (occured with memory at 8000h and up);
- activated banks_are_8kb for working 56K RAM emulation;
- added separate cpuseg/memseg for working 48K RAM emulation;
- true hires: bitmap supported also at addr>16K, supports dfile invert-attribute;
- a22i: \"ds\" alias for \"defs\", and \"ex af,af'\" as alias for \"ex af,af\";
- cas loader: arj/zip preview/decompression, cmdline/files.lst ARJ:81 format;
- cas loader: resets zx81 if file not found (instead garbage);
- flat32: fixed hw_reset from within running emulation (adjust_sp).
Download here or at http://nocash.emubase.de/zx.htm
Atari 2600 emulator for Windows updated.
- Note: because of TIA/RIOT changes, the state file format has changed again, and old state files will not work with this release.
- Improved handling of 'illegal' VSYNC signals, which sometimes created 'short' frames that caused massive flickering. Also improved related behaviour when VSYNC isn't used at all.
- Improved sound generation with ROMs that have irregular scanline counts. This fixes many demo ROMs as well as Quadrun, where previously there would be 'gaps' in the sound output.
- Improved emulation of RIOT chip, in particular the behaviour of reading from TIMINT. Also, D6 of the Interrupt Flag register is now properly set on active transition of the PA7 pin.
- Fixed bug in DPC+ bankswitch scheme; the music in \"Stay Frosty 2\" wasn't playing correctly.
- The ROM properties database now uses 'Auto' instead of 'Auto-select' everywhere. This makes for less typing when running from the commandline.
- Updated included PNG library to latest stable version.
Download it here or at http://stella.sourceforge.net/
MSX emulator for Windows/DOS is up.
- this version mostly fixes a bug in dir-as-disk that was introduced in openMSX 0.9.0, when adding support for the DMK format and low level disk emulation. We not only fixed that bug, we rewrote dir-as-disk almost completely, making it a lot more robust. Together with openMSX an updated version of Catapult, our user-friendly GUI, was released.
Download here (Windows/DOS), here (Mac OS X) or at http://openmsx.sourceforge.net/
Quote from author:
|Today I released a new version of my portal/zbattle clone for playing SNES Multi-Player games with ZSNES online.|
It contains several behinds the scenes fixes, and has moved out of the beta stage.
It should now be a fully working place for all former zbattle users, and users who never got play on it, to hang out and play games!
URL to the news post:
URL to the downloads page:
You can also download it here at Zophar.
<< Older News
Windows Mobile Smartphone
iOS (iPhone/iPod Touch)
ROMs (Public Domain)
Music Playback / Manipulation