Super Mario Lost in Monochrome Land Update

Hi!
I'm working on the full version of the hack,and I've got a new title screen and a custom cutscene....
I now know how it works!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot 9th sage!
I'm trying to work on little cutscenes,but I just begin...
I gonna see if the final it will contains some!

Edit:I've finally finished my 1rst cutscene,here's a link for the video,begining by the intro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOhaWGaPdBI
here's a screenshot:
mar00000.png

Hoping you'll enjoy!
(There is a mistake in the video:there's 2 "L" in "Holidays",fixed now!)

Last edited:
Hi!
I post a message and do not edit it because I wanna tell you that the hack isn't finished,but almost...
Tons on new stuffs,like some new levels,custom music,hex editing,etc,etc...
Here's some screenshots of the last version I'm working on,but I will not spoil too much...
But if you liked the demo of the hack,the whole version will be good for you!
;)
Here it is:

copiedesupermonochromei.png

(And be sure that with those photos,you see nothing of what it will be,you can trust me!)

Next step:beta testers wanted!

Next step is now,who want to beta test?!?

Here's the link of it!

(Sorry if you've downloaded the 1.1 version,I'm a little bit tired,and the story did not began on the first level,so take the 1.2 version!)

(Hoping not too much bugs,even if I looked a long time for them!)
(here's attached the hack,but i will add a few more customs musics into the "final version",this is just the "beta version"!)

Last edited:
Hey, I was going to give this a shot but RapidShare is being a bitch. Why not attach the demo to the thread? (If you're not aware, go into Advance Mode and there's a button below the message box that says Manage Attachments. Click that and you can attach your ZIP file to the post.)

Sorry to post,but that's done!
;)
(too happy,so few things to do on the hack now,6 MONTHS OF MY LIFE NOW!)

I finally beat the first stage after playing it a bit last night and being constantly distracted by other things. I'm wondering if the music is f'd up on purpose or if there's a problem with the patch/and or my ROM. In the first level, it's just a constant machine-gun like rat-tat-tat and in the second stage it's completely silent. The silence works, since it sort of fits the grayscale graphics, but the rat-tat-tat is annoying as fuck.

As for the game itself, it looks good so far. I like the grayscale effect, especially with Mario still in color, and the level design seems decent, challenging without being impossibly hard. (I'm also not the greatest at dealing with narrow ledges, so it's a bit more challenging for me than it would be for others.)

Hello inverse!
That's what I said,a little power up in the first stage for exemple...
And for the music...
You must have a problem with your tool(I know,we are on zophar,but was it "Lunar IPS?)or your rom(you need the " SuperMarioWorld_U.smc " rom,or a japanese rom,but not the European, or a patched rom,just a CLEAN ROM!)
;)
or your emulator has a problem or a bad config,but there's not a "maching gun sound" in the second level!
:)

And happy that you liked it!
(even if you've saw just the begining!)

EDIT:
I had not seen your register date,so...sorry!
(I wanted to help you,but this bug is strange...)

Last edited:
It turns out that I do have a bad ROM. And I've downloaded fresh ROMs from about a dozen different places and still haven't managed to find one that matches the No-Intro dat. I suppose I'll try again next time I'm on broadband.

Hi!
I'm posting in this forum not because my hack is finished(no,it isn't,I'm looking for good custom musics...),but to notice that the Inverse's bug wasn't because the rom wasn't clean,but because of an emulator,I explain it:
I've always tested my rom in znes and SNES9X,but based on 1.51,I recently downloaded the 1.52 version,and I had this "famous annoying and repetitive shotgun sound"in the first level...
I hope someone had the same problem and fixed it...
have a good day!

EDIT:

Someone gave me a response to my problem,here it is:
""Tell your friend to downgrade his emulator.

This is a problem with addmusic and not something that can currently be fixed. Basically all addmusics suck and are relying on emulator bugs to work. I guess snes9xgx 1.52 fixed the bug in question, making your hack not work. "

So,I can't know fix that,I just have to say that the sound will NOT work on a based 1.52 snes9X emulator,but you can use 1.49,1.50,1.51...

If something change,i'll say it to you!

Last edited:
Personally I suggest you test it in bsnes and get it to work there.... relying on inaccurate emulators to make your ROM hack work is just sloppy and bad design.

Hi!
I know that's it's because of the "echo effect" in the game that causes the hack sond crash...
And I know that's it's a big issue,because I don't have finished my hack BECAUSE of the choice of musics,that is hard...(and important for the ambient!)
So I looking for a way to disable this echo...
On the other hand,I don't realy know why the new emulators fix that bug buggying my hack!
But I will lok for that debug!
Have a good day

EDIT:
I know how to remove this echo,and finaly I tried it for the intro song,and it works!
So I had now to remove echo of the other songs,and find some more custom musics,yes,stiiiill...
(I'm near of the end,but it's long!)

Last edited:
Hi!
I would like some beta tester for the new version of the hack.
I correct the bug in the newest emulators for the sound,I tried to test it in BSNES but I'm not good to for the configs,but even if it was very slow on my PC,there wasn't the annoying shotgun sound,so it must work!
This was the big part of bug fix.
I've putted some more custom musics,and corrrected 2-3 bugs...
So,now,if you could let me know if it's good,it seems...

Last edited:
Hi!
I would like some beta tester for the new version of the hack.
I correct the bug in the newest emulators for the sound,I tried to test it in BSNES but I'm not good to for the configs,but even if it was very slow on my PC,there wasn't the annoying shotgun sound,so it must work!
This was the big part of bug fix.
I've putted some more custom musics,and corrrected 2-3 bugs...
So,now,if you could let me know if it's good,it seems...
Here is attached the new version of the patch,to use with a clean SMW rom,Lunar IPS,and a SNES emulator!

EDIT:
(I get 2 mails on another site from people telling me the hack is nice,YEAH!)
Do I have to post the new,or will you do it?!?

Hi!
I've found Some little bugs in the 1.3 version, here's the 1.31 version attached!
(The bug fix log is in the "readfirst.txt" file.)
Have a good day!
Now,I think this is the final version...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom