New FF6 patch up

I just recently spent some time over the last couple days playing this patch all the way through to the end.

A lot of nice touches here and there without crippling the original storyline. Lots of great cameos from other games where you might least expect them. I love the sprite changes too (edgar/guile/leo/terra). The weapon renames kept it fresh for me too.

As for the bosses, I enjoyed the amped-up challenge, and removal of the vanish/doom exploit was a good idea in that respect. I'm curious if you intentionally removed the sprint shoes? Not complaining, I still got my tintinabar/ had imperial troops leave doma/figaro/ the base, nonetheless :)

great work, worth a replay. I enjoyed it.

^Thank you very much for playing through the hack! And I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes I removed the Sprint Shoes to make way for a new Relic. And, you do know that holding down B sprints now I hope. 0_0
Thanks again.

honestly, i thought it was A... oh man, i suck, lawl.

Now i HAVE to play through again >.< (played most of it with frame-skip hehe)

How could anyone play FF6 with FRAME SKIP??

You'll miss out on all the music... What kind of a monster are you?

I am a monster that is 29 years old, i have played/mastered f3/6 bajillions of times, and frameskip is better than not being able to use sprint shoes (and especially when I forgot about the button being held in for speed.)

I've been playing it and I'm currently at the Veldt.
It's interesting and funny (and alot harder). Though I like alot of the original artwork better, the cameos clash a bit but they are still awesome. I like the other stuff that was done. Like the print shoes being controlled by a button.
It surprised the hell out of me when a certain optional boss on the train was alot more difficult than he was last time.

Back
Top Bottom