Youtube trying to pull bs on me...

McJockman

I live in the fuckn US, I right clicked the soccer ball (because videos load super slowly) and did a speed test, It said US:85% You:20%

I was like wtf! So now I'm wondering what the hell they did to there site that caused them to lie and pull bs on people.

I used to load videos instantly, now on Youtube with all of their updates:
# minuts for a minute longer video (average)

You know what youtube:
:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

Last edited:
I live in fucking Germany ;) and two hours ago, Youtube didn´t load anything besides a "Google Server Error" page. So I guess it´s just maintenance. But what I really hate are the commercials they show before the requested video loads.

But what I really hate are the commercials they show before the requested video loads.
These are paid to the TradeMark, like to IGN or EA, they Are paid to add that in. So I'm assuming you watch a lot of political stuff, or maybe sports.

Fail haha

So it's YouTube's fault that your ISP sucks?

My ISP is top of the line. So it is YouTube. And you can tell even more by the fact that that when I visited New York last week, I did the soccer ball thing, same exact values. Also in-a-way stating I don't live in the US. I figured thus out in a wifi cafe'.

The soccer ball? Seems it's gone now, but the only one I ever saw was the one that made vuvuzelas sound out over the video.

The soccer ball? Seems it's gone now, but the only one I ever saw was the one that made vuvuzelas sound out over the video.

Right click the soccer ball in the right side of the video toolbar. It should show speed test. Or right click the video toolbar itself.

You clearly don't understand how the Internet works.

My proccessor is a QX9650 (CPU)
How much better is there?

Cox is my internet provider. We have the gold service pack

Your processor has absolutely nothing to do with how quickly the Internet works unless your computer is 20 years old.

What service you pay for and what service you get are completely different things. Recent studies have shown that the average user gets far less service than they're actually paying for. There's also the matter of there being 50,000 different factors that could be effecting the connection.

But if you think YouTube is purposely slowing down the connection, you're an idiot. If that were the case, the entire Internet would be blown up with complaints. If anything is intentionally throttling the connection it's going to be your ISP but I wouldn't be at all surprised if your network wasn't just completely misconfigured.

Fun Fact: If Net Neutrality gets shut down, as it appears it's going to be, your ISP will legally be able to slow down or block altogether any site that doesn't pay them to prevent it from happening.

But if you think YouTube is purposely slowing down the connection, you're an idiot. If that were the case, the entire Internet would be blown up with complaints. If anything is intentionally throttling the connection it's going to be your ISP but I wouldn't be at all surprised if your network wasn't just completely misconfigured.

This made me lmao. I was almost literaly ROFLMAO. I never said they were doing it on purpose, in fact, It's in my belief you just have an insane urge to communicate with someone like they are a piece of shit on the road. And Good luck with your meteforical 'Internet Blowing up with COMPLAINTS" theory. If Youtube was doing it on purpose and somehow people knew. Even though only 32% of the people who ever go on the internet ever visit youtube.

I laughed even harder when I left my house and passed by a Cox communications center a quarter-a-mile down from my house.:bigthumbup:

Last edited:
You titled the thread "Youtube trying to pull bs on me..." which is a clear insinuation that they're doing it on purpose. You can't accidentally try to "pull bs" on someone. It requires an intentional effort.

YouTube is the 4th most visited site in the entire US and 3rd in the world. But hey, let's go with your 32%. If that's the case, that means over 500,000,000 people use YouTube. So if YouTube were having problems, there would be an abundance of complaints. It would be in the trending topics on Twitter. It would be news on all of the tech sites. Even if it weren't on purpose. But it's not. Because you're imagining shit.

Again. You have absolutely no understanding of how the Internet works.

When someone spouts of complete nonsense, I have the urge to correct them because I have a dislike of ignorance and misinformation. You, on the other hand, can't manage to avoid looking like an idiot even when you're not saying something incredibly stupid. For instance, I bet if we were to take a poll of the people who have read a majority of your posts, the consensus would be that you come off as a five year old who's enamored with the pretty little emoticons.

I still don't see your explanation for a strong urge to rudely almost cuss someone out. Or how you think the Internet could blow up in complaints. And Both sites that I saw that displayed information similar to yours of where you got your information (maybe) were uploaded online back in 06. BOTH! The same year YouTube hit 3rd worldwide. Now, they update the DATE only without updating their information. I checked after you posted it went from 7/14/10 to 7/15/10 at 12:45 Mtn. Time. And my clock is only 35 seconds off on my computer. YouTube HAS only been visited by 32% of the worldwide population. Internet is way way way older then YouTube. Yourtube is barely older than 5-6 years old. And it became popular in 2006, it started in 2004. I also dd state I don't know much about the Internet, and yet you brought it back up and once again cussed. Really you think I'm misinformed, dammit you are if you visited those two sites.:flipoff:
Also the majority of people who have read my post would be like 5 people. All of which I had a bad start except, for one. The one Im talking about is far more mature than you. And I'm 17. Younger then some drunk guy who likes to fight and be the best even though you really never will be. I know I won't and I accept it. My image of you::rant:

Last edited:
My information came from Alexa and is based on statistics that are updated in real time.

Again, if the 32% is accurate then over 500 million people have visited YouTube so my point still stands regardless of the accuracy of your statistics.

The age of a site has absolutely nothing to do with how many people have visited it. We're not dealing with total visits throughout history, we're dealing with current visitors. And I'm quite aware that the Internet is considerably older than YouTube. I first got online before you were even born.

As far as the Internet "blowing up", I ignored that because I chalked it up to a language barrier. Blowing up means that there would be a shitload of complaints all over the place. So far, I've only seen one person, you, complaining about it thus it seems pretty obvious that the problem is on your end, not YouTube's.

I brought up the fact that you have absolutely no idea how the Internet works because you continue to talk about it as if you do. Case in point, you assume I'm pulling my information from some outdated sites that *you* found because you apparently aren't smart enough to word search criteria in such a way as to find useful information. Here's a hint: If you want to see accurate statistics as to web traffic, try typing web traffic into Google and looking at the very first hit. You'll find the accepted standard for such information. For another example of your ignorance, we could return to the SMILE thread in which you apparently had to ask someone else to upload your picture to a free picture hosting service, presumably because you couldn't figure it out yourself. Nevermind the fact that the forum allows you to attach images directly from it. And I won't even go into the fact that you used a GIF image since that would require too much technical and political information to go into right now.

If you read my posts around this board, you'll find several instances of me being helpful without cussing someone out. It's because the people I was helping weren't being annoying twits. You've provided absolutely no evidence that you're worthy of being shown any amount of respect. Even if your SMILE threads were completely removed from the equation, you still demonstrate a complete and utter lack of basic forum etiquette. You necropost, you abuse emoticons and you talk about things of which you possess absolutely no knowledge.

Alright sorry. I guess your are right, hey I don't use The Internet in to advanced of a way. And I said32% of the world. You proved my point in your reply and then you went against it. The Internet was used before YouTube by people as well. That is how old the Internet is. Only 32% of people who have ever used the Internet have used YouTube. And I said YouTube is bull shitting me because my Internet Service Provider has nothing to do with my location. In fact I live in the almost dead center of the US. YouTube says I'm not.

I can't make any sense of 90% of what you're saying now...

Both time, I accepted your figure of 32% of Internet users having visited YouTube. There are approximately 1.8 billion people on the Internet. 32% of that would be 576 million. And if a site that's visited by 576 million people were having problems (intentional or not) then more than 1 person is going to be complaining about it.

Again, I have absolutely no clue as to what your point is in regards to the age of YouTube relative to the age of the Internet.

Your Internet Service Provider has *EVERYTHING* to do with your location. YouTube determines your location based on your IP address. If the SWIP information for your IP address is incorrect then there's no way for YouTube to accurately know where you're located. Websites tend to think I'm several hundred miles south of where I'm actually located because my ISP has listed all of their IP addresses as originating from St. Louis, despite the fact that I'm twice as far from St. Louis as I am from Kansas City and not particularly close to either.

My original point, which you've repeatedly missed, is that if YouTube were having problems, a LOT of people would be effected and their complaints would be easily visible. As it is, the problem is CLEARLY on your end but you absolutely refuse to accept that.

Dammit we confused each other again. Fuck this thread, who can delete this shorty thread? Maybe the 9th sage.

Since we're discussing youtube, I will say that while connecting to certain servers during certain times the day there is noticeable slowdown, since given how popular the service is, it can't manage to keep up, and yes I have seen dozens of people having similar issues.

Related: My cashier at Walmart tonight was an older women (50?) who was telling everyone when handing them their receipt, "If you have a computer, you can take this survey..."

If you have a computer? Really?

Back
Top Bottom