Video demo of my untitled platform homebrew game

Thanks for the comments. Not much work has been done, though I've made it so the rom can have a potential 32000 rooms to go into. :)

I seem to suck at drawing trees. I need some trees for the BG in one area.

What would the tile dimensions be? I could give it a shot.

Well, the upper part would probably need around 9 or so 16x16 tiles. It can use black and 2 greens, but the last color must be left blue for the sky.

The central tile of the 3x3 block should also be made so it could be side-by-side with itself in case I ever wanted to make the tree 5x5 or something.

If you want to go at it, I'll certainly look at the results. Thanks.

So, just to make sure I understand correctly...

Well, the upper part would probably need around 9 or so 16x16 tiles. It can use black and 2 greens, but the last color must be left blue for the sky.

The central tile of the 3x3 block should also be made so it could be side-by-side with itself in case I ever wanted to make the tree 5x5 or something.

If you want to go at it, I'll certainly look at the results. Thanks.

So, just to make sure I understand correctly, it would be something like

Code:
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
[Bl][Bl][Bl][Bl][COLOR="Lime"][UL][UC][UC][UC][UC][UC][UR]
[UL][UC][UR][/COLOR][Bl][COLOR="Lime"][ML][MC][MC][MC][MC][MC][MR]
[ML][MC][MR][/COLOR][Bl][COLOR="Lime"][ML][MC][MC][MC][MC][MC][MR]
[DL][DC][DR][/COLOR][Bl][COLOR="Lime"][DL][DC][DC][DC][DC][DC][DR][/COLOR]
[Bl][COLOR="Sienna"][Tr][/COLOR][Bl][Bl][Bl][Bl][Bl][COLOR="Sienna"][Tr][/COLOR][Bl][Bl][Bl][/COLOR]

(UL=upper left folliage, MC=middle center folliage, etc., Bl=blank blue bg, Tr= Trunk tile)

and each tile is limited to a four color palette? (So for the trunk, two browns, black, and sky blue?)

Ok, I fiddled around a bit in GIMP...

Did you have something like this in mind, or were you looking for something more realistic looking?

Neat. =) What system are you making the ROM for?

(Silly side-note: At first I accidentally T9-typed 'meat' instead of 'neat', which would no doubt have been a rather puzzling remark, so it's a good thing I rechecked my comment before hitting submit on my phone. =P )

This looks like a NES ROM, which would be pretty cool. I'll have to check it out when you're beta testing...if you plan on beta testing.

This looks pretty fun. I like your gravity defying limes and snails with rocket launchers btw. :D
*edit*
Oh yes, and I like that music too. Did you do the music?

Back
Top Bottom