Trouble with Magic Engine.

Okay, so whenever I try to boot a CD with it, I keep getting "No ASPI CD-ROM Driver". Is there some particular file I need to download for it to read the CD-ROM in my new comp? Or do I have to edit something in the INI file?
<P ID="signature">--------------------------------------------------------------------------
goofyav1qg.jpg
</img></P>

> Is there some particular file I need to download for it to read the >CD-ROM in my new comp?

Uh... http://download.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi_v472.exeASPI?</a>

> Or do I have to edit something in the INI file?

Maybe. Ever since Mednafen came out, I dropped Magic Engine like a bad crack habit. If I remember correctly, this needs to be set, for sure:

[cdrom]

;
; CD-ROM drive
; --
; 1 -> first CD-ROM drive [default]
; 2 -> second CD-ROM drive
; ...
;
;

drive=

Put 1 after "drive=" if it's the primary drive on the ATA channel.

;
; CD-ROM drive letter
; --
; (Windows 2000/XP only)
;
; D:
; E:
; ...
;

drive_letter=

I never used this, even under Windows 2000. I think it's an alternative to the previous setting?

Also, unless you have an analog audio cable connected to the CD/DVD-ROM drive to your sound card/motherboard, you'll need to enable digital audio playback on the drive to hear the CD music. This is done like so:

Under Control Panel, go to Sound and Audio Devices. You'll see your optical drive(s) listed here. Highlight the one you're using, then click the "Properties" tab. In this window, click the "Properties" tab, and make sure the box that says "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device" is checked.
<P ID="signature"></P>

> Maybe. Ever since Mednafen came out, I dropped Magic Engine
> like a bad crack habit. If I remember correctly, this needs

Medafen, like Ootake, can play (J) roms fine but not (U) roms...is there a way to convert the roms into (J) format? I know the data pins are reversed between J and (U) roms, but I can't find a way to convert them...
<P ID="signature"></P>

Don't blame the emulators for this; ROMs such as this aren't "encrypted", they're simply bad dumps made by idiots who use a Japanese copier to dump USA HuCards. This is due to the pin swap you mentioned.

You have two options: The newest GoodPCE has all the (U) ROMs in correct format, or you can use http://www.zophar.net/utilities/download/PCEToy32_10.zipPCEToy </a>to fix them.
<P ID="signature"></P>

Back
Top Bottom