translation

CROcOp

What up?I am CROcOp from Croatia.I am doing some translations right now and I am going to finish them by the end of year.

<P ID="signature"></P>

> Hello.
Let me know once you've translated something and from
> what language to Croation or vice versa.
I'll post about it
> here.
Welcome aboard. It's always nice to see a new
> translator emerge.
>

I've also got some translations and hacks coming. If I pm you or something can the ips's be hosted here at zophar's?

And how is hacks handled by Goodtools (or what they're called)?

Is there any uniform or standard way to name hacks? (like "Duck Hunt (Norwegian Translation)", "Ande Jakt (Duck Hunt)" or "Ande Jakt" etc.)

<P ID="signature"></P>

> And how is hacks handled by Goodtools (or what they're
> called)?

As far as I am aware, they make use of a [T-xxxv.vv_g] flag tacked on near the end of the file name (where x = language abbreviation, v.vv = version, and g = group/person given credit). So, for instance, say you did an Italian hack of the US verison of Super Mario Bros. for the NES that you numbered with a version number of 1.01. It would look something like this:

Super Mario Bros. (U) [T-Ita1.01_jraregris].nes

There is also a newer version of that tag that uses a "+" sign instead of the "-" sign after the "[T" part, used to denote the newest version of a patch. In that case, if you also had a 1.02 version, you would have the above naming for the old version and the following for the new one:

Super Mario Bros. (U) [T+Ita1.02_jraregris].nes

Of course, until Cowering (or someone working with him, or hacking GoodNES) added this into the GoodNES database, it won't be recognized as such (in other words it would be considered an unknown dump). Much the same for any other renaming tools out there... until they enter them into their respective databases or whatnot, the utilities won't know how to rename them.

<P ID="signature"></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by MegaManJuno on 09/26/04 08:43 PM.</FONT></P>

Back
Top Bottom