Stupid firefox problems again

cbxweb

Token Black Member
Ever since my friend saved a file onto his floppy drive, Firefox is constantly trying to make sure the floppy drive is still there, even though the downloading file is saving to my desktop or in another location. Its getting annoying having to have a floppy disk in the drive so I dont have to click cancel on the "A: drive not available" dialog box. Anyone know of a fix?

I would go to Tools > Options

Click the downloads tab

Check "Ask me where to save every file"

This assumes you're using a 1.5 branch version, but it should be the same for 1.0.7 and under

> Anyone know of a fix?

Man, I had this problem like that on my father's PC one time...god damn that was annoying. It was a problem with Windows though, not FireFox...I ended up just reinstalling Windows and I think that fixed it. I'm really not sure how the hell it happened in the first place.

> I ended up just reinstalling Windows and I think that fixed it. I'm really not sure how
the hell it happened in the first place.

damn, that's a little overkill. All that you probably neede to do was make a few edits in the registry. /wwwthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

> damn, that's a little overkill. All that you probably neede
> to do was make a few edits in the registry.

I dunno, it was probably quicker since if it was an entry in the registry I don't know what it was (or what I should have looked for)...it was probably something to do with Explorer. The disk drive was firing off for no particular reason when a file was saved....I guess it must have been in IE...I just recently got him using FireFox.

I'd have reinstalled IE first to see if that fixed it but the disk I had to reinstall it from had come up missing. >_<

Back
Top Bottom