Shell "Distro": Hyper BBLean v1.0

Sliver X

I've been using BBLean for several years, which is a Windows port of a Unix/Linux window manager.

So I've basically got it to a satistfactory state over the years, and thought it would be interesting to let others try it. http://panicus.googlepages.com/HyperBBLean.exeHappy Super A Number 1 Download Link</a> (9MB)

There's things like an IRC client, FTP server, FTP Client, tiny Email client, even a fully functional web browser.
The total installed size is less than 15MB.

Teaser:
menupower.jpg

If Hyper BBLean frightens you, check your Start Menu to find a helpful little pixie folder called BBLean that has the option to put things back to normal.

Actualy deletion of the thing involves just wiping wherever you installed it.
<P ID="signature"></P>

So... why not just use Linux?

<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0</font></P>

OS experimentation. Some people end up "messing around" while they're young, but never go full Linux.

> So... why not just use Linux?
<P ID="signature"></P>

> So... why not just use Linux?
>
Because a Window Manager and an Operating System are two entirely different things? You realize this, right?
<P ID="signature"></P>

> > So... why not just use Linux?
> >
> Because a Window Manager and an Operating System are two
> entirely different things? You realize this, right?

Of course. But I don't understand why someone would bother to spend time making their OS look like another one. It seems the same to me as someone who downloads those Mac OS Windowblinds skins.
<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0</font></P>

> Of course. But I don't understand why someone would bother
> to spend time making their OS look like another one. It
> seems the same to me as someone who downloads those Mac OS
> Windowblinds skins.

Or the "Vista Super Hyper Mega Supra Ultra Transformation Pack with the widgets !!!!!"

<P ID="signature"></P>

> Of course. But I don't understand why someone would bother
> to spend time making their OS look like another one. It
> seems the same to me as someone who downloads those Mac OS
> Windowblinds skins.

Maybe because there's more than one way to interface to Windows than what Billy G's idea is? I find the *Box shells far more intuitive to use, and can fly through multitasking like fucking crazy with it.

I simply thought I'd compile my own custom install of it: This is pretty damn different that what you'd have if you just download BBLean.
<P ID="signature"></P>

> I simply thought I'd compile my own custom install of it:
> This is pretty damn different that what you'd have if you
> just download BBLean.

Tell me if you do. I like the pic you posted.

<P ID="signature"></P>

> Tell me if you do. I like the pic you posted.
>

You mean the big long link in my initial post?
<P ID="signature"></P>

Back
Top Bottom