Rockman 5 Endless

Hooray, ZD is finally getting stuff from 2008 added. Another 2 or 3 years and you'll make it up to 2010!

But this is a whole different point. That point being that it's a waste of space to post news updates about shit that's 2 years old, especially when you're not even going to provide any useful information about it.

But this is a whole different point. That point being that it's a waste of space to post news updates about shit that's 2 years old, especially when you're not even going to provide any useful information about it.

So you're saying that if someone submits a hack that is more than a year old I should ignore it? Gee that would make the site a much better place, thank you for being a good friend <3

So you're saying that if someone submits a hack that is more than a year old I should ignore it? Gee that would make the site a much better place, thank you for being a good friend <3

Why no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying don't post a front page news update when you do add such a patch. There are literally hundreds of patches that are missing from this site. The proper thing to do would be to hunt them down yourself and add them, rather than waiting for someone to submit them. (Here's a hint, 95% of them can be found on about 3 archives.)

By putting in the effort to get the patch archive up-to-date, you're signifying to ROM hackers that it's worthwhile to submit their patch to the site. In it's current state, they see an archive so out-of-date and useless that nobody who has any clue is going to bother to use it, so why bother submitting their work here?

And in the event that you do feel the need to post about a particular hack on the front page, take the time to write up a news post that actually provides some meaningful information. A news post for a new hack is completely different than a news post for an updated emulator. You can't just sum it up in 3 words and expect anyone to care.

Not fixing this results in problems like this one where the site's users are getting screwed over by the fact that people can't be bothered to properly do a job for which they volunteered.

And no, having some of the site updated is not better than having none of it updated. By doing a half-assed job of updating, you lull the users into the mistaken belief that the site is reliable when it isn't. Either take some pride in your work or don't bother.

personally speaking, I come to ZD for the good company (which you are not a part of at this time) and I know that any new hacks or rom/romhacking news currently on the go is available at many place I already frequent. Seems that a lot of the folks I know here at ZD are also in the same category. Therefore, while I praise your using ZD as an outlet for perfectionist tendancies that drive people away from you in the real world, and I see a lot of actual passion in that you see so much potential in what we do here...I must say:

I'd normally say "please volunteer to do it yourself if you know what's so dope these days!". However , seems like you've been bestowed this gift on more than one occasion and have burned a few bridges.

So really, you can say what you trying to put across to us , without being a jerk-off. You have my permission. I know there's a strong mind in there that doesn't let doesn't let petty grudges taint the true message you bring to us.

It's a tonne of work to maintain and keep everything up to date ...and hell all of us are pretty awesome IRL so we got stuff to do you know? :p So chill.
*edit* stoned n drunk as shit after a concert btw so flame on! lol

and this should be moved to InvArse's topic in site suggestions or whatever.

Last edited:
Well, then by your logic the entire site should just be scrapped and converted to a forum if it's only going to cater to the 7 people who regularly use the forum.

I'm well aware of how much work it requires. I've rebuilt ZD's translation section from scratch. I built RHDC from scratch and then rebuilt it. I'm one of the top 3 contributers to RHDN except whenever Nightcrawler posts that particular list, he intentionally removes me from it. The fact of the matter is, I could rebuild the translation & hacks sections in less than a week on my shitty dialup connection.

Within a month, I could rebuild this entire site from scratch without any help from any staff what-so-ever. And I'm very likely going to get the opportunity to prove it come Autumn.

Within a month, I could rebuild this entire site from scratch without any help from any staff what-so-ever. And I'm very likely going to get the opportunity to prove it come Autumn.
"Well I'm going to build my own emulation news site! With blackjack, and hookers! In fact, forget the blackjack!"

This thread needed to be lightened up a bit.

I've been lurking since Zophar ran the site and I registered just to say that this hack is awesome and it is way better than MM9 or MM10's endless mode. Thanks for posting about it, and your description, while short, was spot on. Thanks to it's 'age' I would have probably missed it otherwise.

Keep being awesome regardless of what some pricks say.

Back
Top Bottom