reccomend a good controller for pc

pope_hentai

need a good reccomendation for a pc controller, that will work with most major emulators and ideally NOT have analog sticks as most contorllers i've seen recently use the analog as default. i just killed my second nyko airflow (the left analog stick died on one, and the fan motor melted in the other one and shorted it out somehow) i've got 3 older ones where pressing down always presses down right due to the design of the d-pad including a microsoft sidewinder. i just need something that can handle being used for more that a couple hours a day, and wont jack me around on the controller directions..... any help?

<P ID="signature">bow to wilford brimley!</P>

PC Controllers, from my experience, are complete shit.

Get a PSX/PS2->USB adaptor and use a PSX controller

<P ID="signature"></P>

I've got a Thrustmaster digital Firestorm II that I bought like 2 and a half years ago for something like 20 bucks, it's been a great controller for me ever since. I haven't had any trouble with it, it's built fairly solid for being a cheap controller.

<P ID="signature">i need a friend, please be my companion
i don't want to be left alone with my sanity
</P>

> any help?

I have a USB Microsoft Sidewinder Pro that has served me well. Has analog, but it's easily disabled and is IMHO better used in digital mode anyway, has two shoulder buttons and six regular buttons, as well as a shift button giving the other eight buttons twice the functionality (like I have for ZSNES...SNES controls, then with Shift emulator hot keys) It also emulates the keyboard, so you can map keyboard keys to it (thereby giving it compatibility with basically anything). When I installed it on XP, it yacked about 'oh, it might not work, yaddda yadda' but it works as well as before.

*edit*
I haven't really had a problem hitting only down, or only right or anything either...in fact, I used to play Street Fighter Alpha with it and it worked pretty well for me.

<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=zeldadd
vibrosword.gif

My Weblog...vibrating swords now in stock!
</a></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by The 9th Sage on 10/22/04 10:53 PM.</FONT></P>

I'm still using my old Logitech Wingman Rumblepad. An ex-girlfriend gave it to me as a birthday present back in 2001 and it's held up pretty well over the years with no problems to speak of.

It's got nine buttons, a digital pad, two analog sticks, a throttle control above the right shoulder button, an analog/digital toggle button (with green/red LED) and a rumble toggle button.(with green/red LED).

-Wren

<P ID="signature"></P>

Go for a gravis, sidewinder or thrustmaster, depending on your "handsize". They're all worth bying. Try them in a store.

<P ID="signature">[Let's start some fun...]</P>

You can always go for the Xbox S + Xbox To USB adapter. With the new drivers for it online, it's pretty freakin' rad.

<P ID="signature"></P>

For the longest time, I used a Microsoft Sidewinder, the old Joystick Port version. (you know, the yellow port that comes out of your sound card). It was awesome, it had 6 face buttons, and had a great D-pad. Then it finally broke, and I got a USB version.. COMPLETE AND TOTAL ANUS. It sucked ass hardcore. Diagonals were nearly impossible to do, (meaning, no fireballs in Street Fighter).

So I got a PSX to USB adaptor, and have been using a PSX Dualshock pad since.

<P ID="signature">PUNJ!
whitebanner.gif
</P>

Back
Top Bottom