Playing Breath of Fire II (SNES) for the first time...

> That wouldn't have been a problem at all if Nintendo of
> America had just stuck to the original Super Famicom design.
> I mean, what were they on? They ended up changing this:

> into this:

Agreed...the Super Famicom looks fantastic...the Super Nintendo on the other hand doesn't. The Sega Genesis has better looks...too bad it loses in the hardware and controller department.

> Really? I've enjoyed it.

Oh, I enjoyed it, but it's really hard to compliment that game. For as long as it takes to finish that game, the story wasn't that deep. It was more like a big set of short stories (which I did enjoy) without much of a cental theme. Character development is non-existent. The music is alright (standard Dragon Warrior fare), but the graphics are horrible (especially for it's time).

> Oh, I enjoyed it, but it's really hard to compliment that
> game. For as long as it takes to finish that game, the
> story wasn't that deep. It was more like a big set of short
> stories (which I did enjoy) without much of a cental theme.

That's kinda what I liked about it, the short quest-like nature of the plot.

> Character development is non-existent. The music is alright
> (standard Dragon Warrior fare), but the graphics are
> horrible (especially for it's time).

Agree with you on the character development, from what I have played, music is good, graphics are not bad I don't think, but the way they did it the sprites look kinda out of place to me, but you get used to it.
>

I hated when I got about halfway into it and realized that somewhere along the line I missed a damn puzzle piece and had no idea where. And couldn't remember which ones I picked up so couldn't use a walkthrough to help. Been meaning to play it again though.

Back
Top Bottom