OC ReMix legitimized by Capcom!

puduhead

Fans go pro: how OC ReMix put its stamp on Street Fighter II HD Remix

stf21-1.JPG

The new, refreshed graphics of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix needed a fresh, edgy soundtrack.
http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/ocremix.ars

Pretty cool shit.

Last edited:
this is a profound happening! It demonstrates the power of the fan/hobby/enthusiast base, that can transcend the passions of purist interest into commercial interest... in our day of mega-corporate top-down agenda no less!

this is a profound happening! It demonstrates the power of the fan/hobby/enthusiast base, that can transcend the passions of purist interest into commercial interest... in our day of mega-corporate top-down agenda no less!
I think as much as the mega-corps would hate to admit or even acknowledge it, the days of widespread broadband is making it more and more likely that people who would formerly be pure consumers are actually starting to submit content, and they're having trouble keeping up.

That's the real reason we're starting to see such draconian new laws popping up. Several corporate entities know they can't keep up with new market forces, so they're desperately stalling for time while they try and figure out a way around the problem. In the end, we all suffer for their greed.

You're right. It is a totally new and exciting phenomenon that corporations are contracting talented people to work for them in producing products for sale.

Wait, how did it used to work?

You're right. It is a totally new and exciting phenomenon that corporations are contracting talented people to work for them in producing products for sale.

Wait, how did it used to work?

The same. i'm sure. But none the less, working from a new base. Same shit, different day, perhaps. But you can always count on the variables to make some difference.

That is pretty great. There are people there with loads of talent, about time one of the game companies gave them more than a passing glance.

i'm amused by the fact that OverClocked: The Comic is long forgotten, but the spinoff site, OC Remix, is still around after so many years. bet DJ Pretzel didn't expect that to happen. :)

Back
Top Bottom