Obama FTW

Adremalech The Wroth

ObamaAwesome.jpg

I got to admit that this race was one that I was nervous over but it seems the best candidate won out. I want to hear your opinions on the race now.

Last edited:
Barely followed it, but I'm a non-voter outside the US anyway. It's interesting to note that this year's map looks pretty similar to the 1992 map when Clinton won, with the obvious exceptions of Idaho, Colorado, Louisiana and Virginia.

I don't know how different he will be from McCain, because I believe the democrats and republicans are practically the same party. However, I do believe he is much more educated and a much better speaker than McCain.

All I want is for the US to get the fuck out of Iraq. Holding a US passport makes me ashamed to talk to people from the middle east.

Barely followed it, but I'm a non-voter outside the US anyway. It's interesting to note that this year's map looks pretty similar to the 1992 map when Clinton won, with the obvious exceptions of Idaho, Colorado, Louisiana and Virginia.

"red" and "blue" states really boil down to population density. If most of a state's population is concentrated in cities, it will usually be a blue state, while states dominated by rural areas will tend to be red. The Republicans have been targeting the rural south and midwest for some time now, so you wouldn't expect the map to change dramatically from one election to the next.

I don't know how different he will be from McCain, because I believe the democrats and republicans are practically the same party.

This was more true in the '80s, but since the "Republican Revolution" in the mid-90s, the Reps have been dominated by the hard right-wingers. The Iraq War you hate so much would not have been started by a Democrat, and probably not even by a more traditional conservative, like Reagan.

"red" and "blue" states really boil down to population density. If most of a state's population is concentrated in cities, it will usually be a blue state, while states dominated by rural areas will tend to be red. The Republicans have been targeting the rural south and midwest for some time now, so you wouldn't expect the map to change dramatically from one election to the next.

This was more true in the '80s, but since the "Republican Revolution" in the mid-90s, the Reps have been dominated by the hard right-wingers. The Iraq War you hate so much would not have been started by a Democrat, and probably not even by a more traditional conservative, like Reagan.

Here here!

As for my feelings about the election - The Bush administration was a large source of unhappiness for me and i'm already feeling that spring in my step for the hope to come. This historic moment was very emotional for many. And I also felt very patriotic in witnessing it.

You know I've really grown tired of the media talking about white/black voter turn out and interviewing first time voters in their 40's

He landslided his election on money and ignorance..just so this nation could have "The First Black President"..yey

His ties are already shining through...

Show's how intelligent the majority of the US truly is..

Last edited by a moderator:
This sort of backlash happens every damn election. American political pundits are like the boy who cried wolf. A Republican gets in office, liberals bitch about it. A Democrat gets in office, conservatives bitch about it. I stopped listening years ago.

In response to the post from Ugly Joe with the Fox News clip in it...

Look I know we all probably have our own opinions about it but that was just stereotypical of them. It seems to scream.. "a black president gets elected and everyone is smoking weed." we can only hope that's the worst of our problems.

Total respect for anyone's decision to choose but I get so much crap for smoking that this just takes the cake. I mean that guy obviously wanted to paint a bad picture. Look at the expression on his face.

I don't think I've ever heard a news reported refer to marijuana in a non-politically correct way during an election broadcast. I guess he is just mad cause he can't hit it since he is working.

This sort of backlash happens every damn election. American political pundits are like the boy who cried wolf. A Republican gets in office, liberals bitch about it. A Democrat gets in office, conservatives bitch about it. I stopped listening years ago.

:werd: I quit listening years ago as well.

I'm going to drink my rum now.

You're exactly right, after the republicans get a turn and screw someone over the American people love the democrats, then after the democrats screw someone over then the republicans are the best ever again..

Vicious cycle.

Gotta love the mistakes he's already made.

I don't know why we keep all those criminals alive several weeks or let them go and then support terrorism. And this stimulus package is stupid. Instead of giving away $900 billion dollars why not spend the money to MAKE jobs (a few hundred bucks doesn't help me in the long run). How wasteful... Yep, we're changing big spending.

Back
Top Bottom