Need Help Getting Started (Emulators for XBOX 360)

BubbleBobbler

Someone gave me an XBOX 360 as a gift. I haven't enjoyed any video game released post-SNES (except GoldenEye) because I have ADD and I'm too F'in lazy to figure out games that have more than a few simple commands. I was hoping to install emulators onto the Xbox for as many systems as possible but I am not very good at this sort of thing. Can anyone help point me in the right direction for how I can get started with this. I'd like to start with NES and SNES and then put on as many as will fit after that. Is an XBOX 360's harddrive large enough to handle 1 emulator for each gaming system available on this site? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions anyone might have.

You can't simply install emulators on an Xbox 360 and run them. You're first going to have to modify the console, which will require you to open the system and either solder chips onto it or modify the firmware of the DVD drive. This all depends on exactly which of the several models of 360 you own, what version of firmware/OS you're running and if you intend to utilize the Xbox Live service.

As far as the hard drive goes, Xbox 360 hard drives can range from 20GB to 320GB in size. Without bothering to do any math, I'm sure the 60+ GB drives could hold all of the emulators no problem. 20GB would most likely be able to hold all of the emulators but would be limited on how many games (especially for newer systems) it can store.

Back
Top Bottom