MP3 OSTs

And do you actually play those backups on emulators/copiers?

Are those the only ROMs/ISOs that you make use of?

I'm just trying to understand things here, because it seems completely bizarre to me that someone who works for an emulation website would be opposed to ROM sites.

I do actually use things like my DS/GBA flashcart quite a lot (as well as my hard drive full of Wii games) to play these ROMs. But anyway, no, they aren't they only ones I have. At the same time, I must say that I definitely don't download anything commercially available, though I realize that isn't much of a distinction (I mean, for the purposes of the Mother 3 translation I imported a Mother 3 cart, for example).

No, mostly it just personally irks me when someone profits from things like that they obviously don't own. Not going to judge someone for downloading game X that isn't even available anymore. But anyway, that, and the nature of them definitely not being legal in most cases (this is probably a bigger one than the first reason), and you have why I think we should avoid becoming a ROM site. Don't particularly like it, though as there is nothing I could do about it, I'm not going to let it ruin my life. :p I'd hate to see the site go away because of the ROM subdomain though.

Last edited:
I do actually use things like my DS/GBA flashcart quite a lot (as well as my hard drive full of Wii games) to play these ROMs.

And you do realize that doing so is illegal, correct? (I'm just clarifying everyone's understanding here, nothing more than that.)

And you do realize that doing so is illegal, correct? (I'm just clarifying everyone's understanding here, nothing more than that.)

It's only illegal to play a game on the PC that you legally own because of greedy corporations wanting you to buy 3 or 1000 copies of everything instead of letting you use backup as in use of backup music CD's in your car so your original doesn't get stolen or scratched. Like a backup of a Disney movie so the kids don't destroy the original accidentally. So you can actually play a game because the game system that was "XBOX for example" so cheaply made to increase profit margins died and you OWN $2000 worth of games and it would be immoral to make someone have to buy a new system that is equally cheap even though the games rock. No there are many though not legal only because of corporate paid for "and written" DMCA that not legal are actually ethically moral which is more than I can say for the law itself.

The RIAA would hate that I have backup CD's at work though I don't listen to the same CD's as backup at the same time. Problem is at work there is a lot of dust and chemicals and CD's tend to wear our very quickly though amazingly enough ones made almost 20 years ago don't. Funny thing is the ones made 20 years ago are thicker and heavier and more flexible and todays are basically cheap shit though they don't mention that in the DMCA about them and the movie companies using media that is substandard so their product actually lasts several years where as now your lucky to get 10 plays before it's scratched to shit and virtually unreadable. I KNOW they would be using the thick and heavier and higher quality CD's still but since the DMCA has passed they don't have to give a shit about quality so it's a fuck the customer attitude.

You know what scares the fuck out of the RIAA and anyone else that uses the DMCA to stop copying only for personal use as long as there is an original bought and paid for. A SYMPATHETIC JUDGE, a judge that remembers making copies on cassettes and vcr tapes. That scares the shit out of them that they may end up in front of a judge that find some parts of the DMCA absolutely IMMORAL and UNETHICAL but what would a multinational corporation know about ethics since to be a CEO nowadays it's more important to have a law degree than to fully comprehend and understand your product from the ground up. Today the customer is almost never right. Today ethics in business are like kryptonite to Superman.

Especially things like CHARGING for a light because of no built in backlight "major engineering fuckup" is thought to be OK when they should have recalled all the product immediately without thought.

No there is nothing wrong AT ALL with playing backups of games on PC's and any businessman that says there is must remember that we learned this unethical behavior from THEM and their business models and the laws they pushed and PAYED lawmaker to pass. Maybe we can compare ethics to drug use by teens and say just like the commercial but instead of the teen to the father it'll be us to the companies saying "We learned it from you, we learned it from you!"

Daddy, what are morals?

Oh don't worry about that son, no one else does and we should always follow the example that our business and government leaders show us since they say they are held to a higher standard and if they don't then it must be perfectly fine and acceptable.

Perhaps, but well...they are my games that I've purchased. I'm going to do with them as I please. Same with ripping MP3s from CDs I've legitimately purchased (say, if I want to play them on my MP3 player or something). Certainly, if I was distributing them or something you'd have cause to complain. In that case I'd definitely not blame you for that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom