More updates!

Insomnia DMX

I'm just starting a new thread with only one update, this's pretty cool though.

Two parts:
1) There will be no map in my hack.
2) When you press start, you're taken to the inventory menu for easy access, and, considering the fast that there will be no map, it'd be better that way.

Coolinventory.png

Yes, I understand that these colors mostly don't fit thier places; they're only there to help you distinguish between parts of the power suit's anatomy.

Edit: Here's the original to use for comparison.
oldinventory.png

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Insomnia DMX on 11/02/05 09:28 PM.</FONT></P>

> Yes, I understand that these colors mostly don't fit thier
> places;

That's no problem . . . This, quite truthfully, might be the best looking change you've made to date (imho). I like it.

> I'm just starting a new thread with only one update, this's
> pretty cool though.

Oooh, so this is definitely going to be a 'challenge' hack? (I mean, not some super easy hack or something)

> Oooh, so this is definitely going to be a 'challenge' hack?
> (I mean, not some super easy hack or something)

I'm removing the map because...
1) You won't need it. [It's easy enough without it]
2) I'm too lazy to put one together.
3) Some of my levels wouldn't look very good in a map. [Overlapping rooms, stuff going over the edges. ect...]
4) Easier access to the inventory.

You see, I have comsidered not removing it, and compromising my levels, but I don't have the time. It will also benefit the game in the long run.

If I haven't said before, I'm hoping to release the game by christmas. This is looking less and less possible, but it still might be.

> You see, I have comsidered not removing it, and compromising
> my levels, but I don't have the time. It will also benefit
> the game in the long run.

I like the idea of no map anyway.
All of the reasons you posted are a worthy exchange.
I never looked at that damn thing anyway :3

Back
Top Bottom