More patching problems

you

I'm trying to patch Star Ocean with DeJap's new translation. I can get it patched, but then the graphics screw up, and I can't move past the Tri-Ace screen. I'm using zsnes, which DeJap's site said would work with this version of the patch. edit: I've also tried snes9x, which they actualy recomend, but I'm having the same problem

Before patching, NSRT said it had a good checksum, but after patching, it said bad checksum

Does anyone else have this problem, or know how to help?
<P ID="signature"></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by you on 04/29/07 11:31 PM.</FONT></P>

> I'm trying to patch Star Ocean with DeJap's new translation.
> I can get it patched, but then the graphics screw up, and I
> can't move past the Tri-Ace screen. I'm using zsnes, which
> DeJap's site said would work with this version of the patch.
> edit: I've also tried snes9x, which they actualy recomend,
> but I'm having the same problem

Are you using a current version of Zsens? I'm not sure which version started supporting it, but current versions should be able to play this game without anything extra, but older versions need graphics packs because of the SDD-1 compression used on the in-game graphics.
<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
z54103151.png

In the post there is a cow...</a></P>

Ah, I got it...

I just tried it, it turns out I didn't have the patch installed (for some reason) so...I see what you mean now that I've tried. But I found out the reason behind this is because the patch is apparently expecting no header, and your ROM has one (as mine does).

Here's what you can do. Press the Start button (assuming you are running Windows), choose run, and type cmd into the box, hit enter.

Now, navigate to NSRT's folder (if you aren't familliar with DOS style commands, type cd "full path to nsrt" and hit enter. You can just copy this from the address bar of NSRT's folder, right click the command window to paste).

Copy the patch into the same folder as NSRT, and type the following:

ipsedit -add nameofpatch.ips

Then apply the resulting patch to your ROM. ipsedit 'fixes' the patch so that it takes the header into account now. You should be all set.
<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
z54103151.png

In the post there is a cow...</a></P>

Back
Top Bottom