Just saw War of the Worlds (2005) - not the Spielberg version...

punjman

Yes, that's right. War of the Worlds, released in 2005. Starring none other than 'Soul Man' himself C. Thomas Howell and Jake Busey aka Gary Busey the Lesser.

This. Movie. Is. Bad.

It made no sense whatsoever and the director... wow. It must have been the director's first real movie or something. REALLY really bad stuff. Poor special effects, poorer acting, etc. From what I heard though, there was yet ANOTHER version of WotW released in 2005. I haven't seen it anywhere, but it's supposed to take place in the 1800's or something, has G-list actors and Z-list special effects.

Can't wait to find and rent it.

> and Jake Busey aka Gary Busey the Lesser.

He's jumping right into his father's shoes: B-parts in A-movies and A-parts in B-movies. I like Gary Busey though as kind of a freak...Jake Busey will never be as good as doing that. Gary Busey will always be the guy holding the lighter to his arm with another guy going "This guy is fucking CRAZY man!" in Lethal Weapon. Joshua...was a cool villain but what a lame name for a villain!

> Can't wait to find and rent it.
>
So many stupid people have rented this and come back pissed thinking they were somehow getting the speilburg version. Glad I avoided it like the plague.

Back
Top Bottom