I'm writing an faq!

you

But I don't know much about text editors that use ASCII...

So, I thought I'd see if there was anyone here who edits text, and would like to recommend an editer! (Bear in mind, my computer doesn't have Notepad)
<P ID="signature"></P>

> So, I thought I'd see if there was anyone here who edits
> text, and would like to recommend an editor! (Bear in mind,
> my computer doesn't have Notepad)

uuuh, may I ask what operating system you use? Not only would this be essential for recommending software, but if you are running windows, I'm almost 100% certain that you have Notepad on there somewhere, especially if it's 2000/XP/Vista where it's a protected operating system file

Also, this thread is more suited for tech talk.

<P ID="signature"></P>

i guess notepad+ would be a suitable replacement to notepad if you can't get a copy for whatever reason.
<P ID="signature">Chris

/personal/mfc/newsig.png</P>

> uuuh, may I ask what operating system you use? Not only
> would this be essential for recommending software, but if
> you are running windows, I'm almost 100% certain that you
> have Notepad on there somewhere, especially if it's
> 2000/XP/Vista where it's a protected operating system file

I'm running XP, but I must have accidentally deleted notepad

Another question: how do you configure the number of characters per line in Notepad+ I've been looking around, but can't find anything

(can you tell I'm not very savvy with this stuff?
<P ID="signature"></P>

> I'm running XP, but I must have accidentally deleted notepad

uuuh no, either you are mistaken, or you are lying and purposely removed it. You can't just "accidently" remove notepad.exe, it's protected. If you "accidently" delete it, it'll just pop right back up. For shits and giggles do this:

1. hold windows key + R
2. type in "notepad" and press enter
3. ????
4. Profit!

I am almost certain that notepad will pop up like usual, but enh notepad sucks anyways ;/ I use <a href=http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/>Metapad</a> for my text editing needs.

> Another question: how do you configure the number of
> characters per line in Notepad+ I've been looking around,
> but can't find anything

I honestly don't know of any text editing programs that force word wrap on a specific character limit, if there is, I'd like to know!

> (can you tell I'm not very savvy with this stuff?

Yes.
<P ID="signature"></P>

Thanks for your help, Reaper man. You were right about Notepad too, I must have only deleted a shortcut

Back
Top Bottom