If I see another smarmy Christmas movie with a cheap happy ending...

SpaceTiger

...I'm going to wretch:

Man shoots nurse at convalescent home

PERRIS, California (AP) -- An 87-year-old man visiting a family member at a convalescent home allegedly shot a nurse in the face Friday after he became angry about the care the relative was receiving, authorities said.

The nurse was listed in critical condition at a nearby hospital, Riverside County sheriff's spokesman Dennis Gutierrez said.

Minutes after the afternoon shooting at the Ember Care Health Center in Perris, authorities arrested Norman Larson of Sun City for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon, Gutierrez said. Center employees had detained Larson by the time deputies arrived.

"He had been there for about five hours," Gutierrez said. "He had an issue with the way the family member was being cared for."

A woman visiting the center said the gunman threatened to shot another nurse.

"He was going to shoot another nurse and made her get on her knees and beg for her life," Dalis Baca told KABC-TV. "When she pleaded, she said it was Christmas, she had kids, please not to do it, and he let her go."

Citing privacy laws, Gutierrez did not identify the family member. He said Larson and other visitors and patients were being interviewed by investigators.

The 104-bed home is one of 12 convalescent homes Ember Care operates in Southern California, said April Bernabe, vice president of operations.

Perris is about 70 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

<P ID="signature">----
"And dreams may come
That are everlasting
Though all just plastic too..." </P>

It's nice that anyone else visiting--or even residents--have firearms to defend themselves against these lunatics.

Oh wait...you can't in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>
hsrun.gif
</marquee></P>

> It's nice that anyone else visiting--or even residents--have
> firearms to defend themselves against these lunatics.
>
> Oh wait...you can't in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.

right, becauses nurses and feeble patients recovering from devastating illnesses are great if you ever need a part-time malitia. no really, they're excellent marksmen.

<P ID="signature"><center>From my bed I watch TV, Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be president someday

.::http://gavin.panicus.orgGavin.Panicus.org</a> ::.
</center></P>

The 2nd amendment isn't necessarily an amendment that the states have to follow. The bill of rights doesn't say anything about those rights actually being enforced, but the Supreme Court has decided that 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 would be pushed through the 14th amendment to make those rights guarunteed. The right to bear arms isn't one of them (it's just, most states DO give this right to the people). California? This situation will probably just force the court to make the 2nd amendment mandatory, it will come back and slam them in the face, most likely.

<P ID="signature"></P>

> It's nice that anyone else visiting--or even residents--have
> firearms to defend themselves against these lunatics.
>
> Oh wait...you can't in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.
>

Or maybe this guy is just a murderous psychopath who pulled out a gun and shot someone before anyone could have even reacted even if they had guns and now this person is in critical condition? This isn't about gun rights, which I support to the extent that I think we should all be allowed fully automatic weapons,this is about some guy killing another human being on Christmas for no reason and how much it sucks.

<P ID="signature"><HR>
<CENTER>
tv.jpg
</center></P>

Back
Top Bottom