I just got done with a $187 shopping spree on Ebay

Red-XIII

$187.52 to be exact. I got tired of getting outbid on 20GB PS3's so I said fuck that shit, I'm old school.

Then I went apeshit and went on a spree of all things N64. Here's what $187.52 got me.

$44.77
1 Jungle Green N64 console with expansion pak, 1 controller and all the cords. Plus a rumble pack, memory pak & 9 games. Perfect Dark, Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Nightmare Creatures, Star Soldier, Monster Truck Madness 64, WCW NWO Revenge, F1 Pole Position 64, In The Zone 98, and NFL Quarterback Club 98.

Blast Corps = $6.94
Donkey Kong 64 = $8.00
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time = $13.00
Diddy Kong Racing = $7.27
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask = $19.94
Pilotwings 64 = $9.90
Star Wars Rogue Squadron = $4.49
Mario Golf = $9.99
Star Fox 64 = $7.99
Goldeneye 007 = $8.01
Resident Evil 2 = $8.74
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber = $25.49
S-Video cable = $5.00
Performance Nintendo 64 Memory Card Plus = $7.99

So is this a deal or a rip? I for one couldn't get a bid lower than $30 for Ogre Battle on 4 other tries. I don't know if I'm done either. I'm still missing some must have titles such as Super Mario 64, Kazooie & Tooie & Conker.

Based on looking at system prices a few days ago, I'd say you got slightly ripped off on the system. I saw several N64s with more games than that (and usually some decent games) going for less than $40. That's dismaying to me because I'm about to sell an N64 with both Zeldas, Mario 64 and Paper Mario. In order to get a decent price, I'm contemplating just putting the N64, NES, Dreamcast, PSX and XBox all together in one big auction. Going to be a pain in the ass to ship, though.

And, of course, you didn't list shipping prices, so it's impossible to know if you got good deals or not.

All prices listed had shipping included.

Your biggest obstacle is going to be that huge heavy black box.

I still can't get over the fact that N64 is ''oldschool''...

Well, have fun with all that, though all you really needed to buy was the 64 and Starfox64, because it kicks monkey ass.

No it's not oldschool in the way NES or an Atari 2600 would be, but still not next-gen. I have a feeling now that I blew that cash, that if Ungodly throws together a package like he was talking about and I get wind of it, I'm going to be seriously kicking my own ass for not holding off for something better.

However I'm sure he's going to want much more than a measly 187 for all that.

I think this guys contemplating an auction, he sure has a bunch of shit he could sell. :)

link_herbst.jpg

I think this guys contemplating an auction, he sure has a bunch of shit he could sell. :)

link_herbst.jpg

This picture rules, mainly because that is what I looked like the first time I tried to conquer the water temple.. "NONE of this crap does ANY good!!!"
*throws the backpack on the ground and lights up a "left-handed-ciggy".

"may the way of the hero lead to the triforce" lol

That's a nice haul. I've intentionally avoided buying retro on eBay just because if I started I think I'd have hard time stopping.

I'd have gone for it. No matter what Ungodly says, if it was worth it to you, it was well worth it.

Nice haul, Red. (Pilotwings rules!)

I still can't get over the fact that N64 is ''oldschool''...

Well, have fun with all that, though all you really needed to buy was the 64 and Starfox64, because it kicks monkey ass.

Sorry I know this thread got bumped and now a late reply:

I know what you mean. N64 was a system I had to 'get used to' for being new school when I got one. I recently bought a used Dreamcast <3 and the clerk was like: "that must be old i've never heard of it."

To further delineate, my DC completes me. The achievements in Emulation and Homebrew since the last time I owned one are incredible. I made a special gaming kiosk just for it. Use it as a media player with the fabulous DC Playa Beta 2.0. & VCDs. near-perfect NES. Neo-Geo CD coming along very nicely! and just lots of great games (playing through Grandia II again now).

Pudu, try the GBC and SNES emulators on it...they're the shit. Dreamsnes owns.

I have the latest Dreamsnes. The menu system is very nice! I'm a bit dissatisfied with the overall performance. Disabling sound helps but i'm not a fan of muted games.

I need to check out the GBC thanks for the recommend.

I should look into getting a n64 controller and a usb adapter.

They rock with the proper emu....I bought one from Swamp about seven or eight years ago at a video game thing. Hell, that was back when Narvick was still here.

I have the latest Dreamsnes. The menu system is very nice! I'm a bit dissatisfied with the overall performance. Disabling sound helps but i'm not a fan of muted games.

I need to check out the GBC thanks for the recommend.

One more: Beats Of Rage. There are so many variations..

link_herbst.jpg

Looks like he's trying to figure out where he left his car keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom