Helpful information on Breath of Fire 2 ROMS

dragonquester

I have noticed there are 2 English translated ROMS of this game at various sites- They are Breath 0f Fire II(E) and Breath of Fire II(U).If you are playing the game on a SNES9X emulator both games work ok. BUT if you are playing the game on a ZSNES emulator the ROM Breath of Fire II(U) is the only one that works. If your ROM is Breath of Fire II(E) the game freezes after you fight your 1st battle.Breath of Fire II(E) does not work on my ZSNES emulator.I have attached a picture of the screen freeze on the ZSNES emulator after you fight a battle using the Breath of Fire II(E) rom.

<P ID="signature"></P>

C:ServerxampphtdocszopharoldwwwthreadsattachmentsBreath of Fire II (E) 0000.bmp

> I have noticed there are 2 English translated ROMS of this
> game at various sites- They are Breath 0f Fire II(E) and
> Breath of Fire II(U).

Are you absolutely sure the european version is a good dump? Just asking out of curiosity because I've not heard of this problem but have no way to test it myself.

<P ID="signature">;http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
Neko_Supreme.GIF

Launch all Neko for Great Justice!
</a></P>

> > Are you absolutely sure the european version is a good dump?
> Just asking out of curiosity because I've not heard of this
> problem but have no way to test it myself.

I have a good european dump and it does crash after the first overworld battle you come across

Time to report the bug to the ZSNES crew :)

edit: it's a well known emulation timing bug that was in the US version (and perhaps the european version?). There were a few fixes for it. One of them was to change the percent of execution in the config to 70 (although the timing is more than likely different for a PAL game) another option is to turn off the music in the in game config.

<P ID="signature"><center>
sig not found...</center></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by bmecoli on 04/07/05 01:27 AM.</FONT></P>

> > > Are you absolutely sure the european version is a good
> dump?
crash after the
> first overworld battle you come across
> > > Just asking out of curiosity because I've not heard of
> this
I tested the ROM again, the Breath of Fire II(E) version in my ZSNES emulator and game freezes up after 1st battle

<P ID="signature"></P>

> I tested the ROM again, the Breath of Fire II(E) version in
> my ZSNES emulator and game freezes up after 1st battle

Huh, I'll have to try it with the US version...come to think of it, I did mean to play it but never actually got around to it.

<P ID="signature">;http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
Neko_Supreme.GIF

Launch all Neko for Great Justice!
</a></P>

Back
Top Bottom