.gb request

> yeah, its possible. but its against forum rules to post a
> rom image. so sorry.

How's a GB of a GBS any different from the GBS though, really?

And how do you make one? There're a few songs I'd like to have a GB of that I don't, so I can play them on Goomba.

> yeah, its possible. but its against forum rules to post a
> rom image. so sorry.

I don't really think that's violating any rules. It's just a GBS with a preloader.

> I don't really think that's violating any rules. It's just
> a GBS with a preloader.

hm. i thought he was talking about reconstructing a rom image. saw .gbs and confused it with .sgb meh, gotta read slower.

Unlike a .GBS, a .GB player can be played on an emulator or an actual gameboy.

I need a .GB of TMNT2 as the .GBS doesn't work in Audio Overload(1 and 3 work fine though)

> Thanks!
>
> I did try to do it myself with a hex editor, but it didn't
> work.
>

EDIT: .gb is no good. No Mac emu will read it.

> EDIT: .gb is no good. No Mac emu will read it.

The rom is good, VisualBoyAdvance can play it just fine. The problem lies somewhere else...

> The rom is good, VisualBoyAdvance can play it just fine.
> The problem lies somewhere else...
>

I concur.

> Unlike a .GBS, a .GB player can be played on an emulator or
> an actual gameboy.

well no, I know this part.

I just meant...since the GB file would be pretty much a GBS inside a regular GB ROM...how would that make it any different from the GBS file that was distributed? It's basically the same data, so I don't know why you couldn't distribute the GB ROM and the GBS interchangably. In fact, some of those GBS archives contain a GB version. :p

> > EDIT: .gb is no good. No Mac emu will read it.
>
> The rom is good, VisualBoyAdvance can play it just fine.
> The problem lies somewhere else...

If I might ask, what program did you use to make it? I could use a util like that.

> If I might ask, what program did you use to make it? I
> could use a util like that.

Grab http://www.zophar.net/gbs/gbsspec.zipgbsspec.zip</a> (for the .gbs header info) and http://www.zophar.net/gbs/gbsplay.zipgbsplay.zip</a> for a batch file and asm source. Check the readme in gbsplay.zip for the other two utils you need. They're easy enough to find via google. I could make it into one nifty batch file, but I'm assuming the licenses on the other two programs would prevent me from distributing it.

Back
Top Bottom