Gamecube Q

> How would I read a Gamecube disc on a PC?
>

You can't. You must either use a program that dumps an image of the disc over a network adaptor or obtain an ISO of the game you want from other sources.

<P ID="signature">--------------------

peepos.gif

Welcome to the Bryant Street Theatre. Have a Fruit Roll-Up.</P>

Hmm... I was contemplating how one would go about dumping GC images. I assumed someone reversed the voltages in the drive motor and hacked the firmware to make it read out to in.

<P ID="signature"></P>

> Hmm... I was contemplating how one would go about dumping GC
> images. I assumed someone reversed the voltages in the
> drive motor and hacked the firmware to make it read out to
> in.

No, there is a method of using the GC network adapter and a PC.

<P ID="signature">"You spoony bard!" -Tellah</P>

> No, there is a method of using the GC network adapter and a
> PC.

Basically, the most well-known way uses the first version of PS0 Episode 1 and 2 and a PC. That version would call out ot a sega server everytime you went online to snatch the most current version of the game's executable. Now, people figured out that they could emulate that process on a PC and then send a different executable instead of PSO, one that allows one to dump an image of the GCN disc back out through the broadband adaptor.

There are some other ways to run executables on the GCN now though, such as the SD Card reader I heard about on GCdev, Codebreakers makes a special memory card that you can hook to the PC and load software onto it...

<P ID="signature">;http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
Neko_Supreme.GIF

Launch all Neko for Great Justice!
</a></P>

> How would I read a Gamecube disc on a PC?
>

Hmmm...for some reason I though you were going to ask about this:

The Panasonic GameQ
q_00.jpg

<P ID="signature">Xbox specs: V1.1, Ultimate Dashboard Exploit 1, 250GB WD Hard Drive, UnleashX v0.37.1218A - 166 Games, 15 Emulators, 6 Apps</P>

> The Panasonic GameQ
>

Same.

<P ID="signature">--------------------

peepos.gif

Welcome to the Bryant Street Theatre. Have a Fruit Roll-Up.</P>

Back
Top Bottom