Fuck 3D movies.

Elazul Yagami

Damn fucking things give me migraines, and the 3d effect isn't even that great to be honest... "ooh some images seem to have depth", Are you a fucking retard?

Of course they have depth, EVERYTHING has depth unless it's a 2d image, if your brain can't process depth without fucking 3d glasses on your eyes and fucked up recording, you need a swift kick in the base of your skull.

And what annoys me more is all these new movies that you can't see UNLESS you're willing to go through that fucking crap. Why not a vanilla and a 3d version you pigfuckers?! Why the fuck was Alice in wonderland in 3D , can ANYONE tell me how that was a good usage of 3D?

HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS.

*deep breath*

I refuse to fucking go to a damn 3D movie anymore after the 10 headaches i've gotten because of them. So fuck you MPAA , I'm Pirating the shit out of them, not the 3D mind fuck versions, but the private screening ones. You fucking pig suckers.

Last edited:
3D can be good if it's used well. I'm glad at least the ones I've seen have used 3D subtly (as in Avatar). At least it's not like Friday the 13th in 3D where they are juggling into the screen or throwing spears at the camera.

By the way, every one of those movies so far I've seen when it's come out on DVD/bluray has either had both versions or just the 2D version of the movie. If you want to see it without the 3D stuff you should probably be able to then. I'm not sure about Alice in Wonderland, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the case for that one too.

I saw a 3D movie at the New Orleans IMAX theater. It was just a movie about sealife and stuff, but throughout the movie I kept having to take my glasses off for a few seconds to get my head/eyes right.

And what annoys me more is all these new movies that you can't see UNLESS you're willing to go through that fucking crap. Why not a vanilla and a 3d version you pigfuckers?! Why the fuck was Alice in wonderland in 3D , can ANYONE tell me how that was a good usage of 3D?

Um... there are "vanilla" versions of pretty much all of them. I know for a fact that Alice in Wonderland was showing in 2D here. Even Avatar was showing in 3D here. Because my local theater isn't equipped for 3D. My question is why the fuck the movie was called Alice in Wonderland when it was a half-assed sequel.

I refuse to fucking go to a damn 3D movie anymore after the 10 headaches i've gotten because of them. So fuck you RIAA , I'm Pirating the shit out of them, not the 3D mind fuck versions, but the private screening ones. You fucking pig suckers.

Yeah, fuck the RIAA! I have no clue what the music industry has to do with movies being in 3D but fuck 'em anyway. Good job bragging about pirating, though. In a few months, once ACTA is ratified, the music and film industries will have the right to raid your house looking for pirated material and, seeing as how they're in the process of making piracy a criminal offense, you'll get exactly what you want, free movies in 2D. Assuming you can afford the $100 to buy a TV for your cell.

And for those that don't think there's much "depth" to the images, where are you sitting? The only 3D movie I've been to was Nightmare on Elm Street VI. The first time I saw it, we sat in one of the front rows. It looked okay but nothing spectacular. The second time we saw it (I live in a rural area, at that point there was only 1 screen within 25 miles and nothing else to do.) we sat in the very back. It was much more impressive when you saw the shit coming out past the people in the front rows. (Although it was more entertaining when firecrackers started going off under the screen and a guy dressed like Freddy came running out and chased kids all over the theater. Not much chance of that happening these days without guns going off and lawsuits being fired, unfortunately.)

I'm so glad I listened to Mushroomblue a few years back Elazul. I was going to pick up some nice 3D glasses for my video card and he told me basically what you're complaining about with the headaches from wearing them for extended periods.

PS it's MPAA not RIAA for movie's, not a big deal though.

well yeah, the MPAA

as for them catching me, good luck, i live in a country where it's almost impossible to detect piracy.

so fuck um.

edit: yeah and most theaters don't supply the 2d version around here, because the "3d versions sell better"

fuck them.

How to avoid getting a 3D headache while watching Avatar (or any other 3D movie.)

For some, 3D movies a pain in the head (goes into detail about how 3D technology has changed to combat the problem.)

The 3D versions do sell better. That's why so many movies are getting converted to 3D when they were originally filmed as 2D. Telling a company to go fuck themselves because they're selling what a majority of people want is rather childish.

And you might want to go read the ACTA treaty. Countries that refuse to comply with ACTA (once it's ratified) will be completely cut off.

I don't know...are these headaches so common? I personally haven't had a problem with Avatar or anything else (that's with the polarized glasses, others with the Anaglyph glasses, and others with shutter glasses).

And you might want to go read the ACTA treaty. Countries that refuse to comply with ACTA (once it's ratified) will be completely cut off.

"ACTA would establish a new international legal framework that countries can join on a voluntary basis"

-Ministry of Economic Development of New Zealand (2008). "On Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement".

=P

"ACTA would establish a new international legal framework that countries can join on a voluntary basis"

-Ministry of Economic Development of New Zealand (2008). "On Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement".

And you're actually going to believe a quote from a politician, never mind that it's two years old and doesn't mesh with the information that has come out since then.

Being from Canada, I'd think you'd be a bit more wary about such things seeing as how American companies just wrote your new copyright act that's on the fast track to becoming law.

you are so sad to take that so personally. And you think i give a shit about this act? I pay for my cd and movies because i collect them. This treaty has no bearing on me. Therefore I only felt the effort to type in "Acta" in google, and posted the first quote i found :p

Choke on a bag of it please :) You must go to pubs and crawl up to women saying "hey baby... You've heard of me right? I'm the drunken hacker form ZD! No? Well... *leans in for a whisper* I'm kind of a big deal ;) "

please..get over yourself. lol

You clearly have no understanding as to what's being put into place. You do realize that under ACTA, Zophar's Domain would be declared illegal, right? Emulators are blatantly illegal under ACTA. Hell, in the Netherlands it's now considered an act of piracy to mention that a copyrighted file is available for download at another location. It was ruled that saying "Such-and-such-movie is available on such-and-such-usenet-group." is illegal. It's all well and good to say that that isn't going to happen outside of the Netherlands but similar things have already happened in the US, such as the ruling that it was illegal to link to a site that offered the DeCSS software.

And where in my post was there any indication whatsoever that I was taking your post "personally"? You seem to be suffering from whatever disorder it is that causes shawn to respond to things that were never said in the first place.

You clearly have no understanding as to what's being put into place. You do realize that under ACTA, Zophar's Domain would be declared illegal, right? Emulators are blatantly illegal under ACTA. Hell, in the Netherlands it's now considered an act of piracy to mention that a copyrighted file is available for download at another location. It was ruled that saying "Such-and-such-movie is available on such-and-such-usenet-group." is illegal. It's all well and good to say that that isn't going to happen outside of the Netherlands but similar things have already happened in the US, such as the ruling that it was illegal to link to a site that offered the DeCSS software.

And where in my post was there any indication whatsoever that I was taking your post "personally"? You seem to be suffering from whatever disorder it is that causes shawn to respond to things that were never said in the first place.

I may not agree with everything you say, but this is one subject on which I can agree wholeheartedly. Things like ACTA definitely are serious business that should worry us all.

Boy I'm behind the times.

I've still never seen a 3D film. And nope, didn't see Avatar either.

Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom