Chris Houlihan room in Zelda LTTP

dragonquester

I have never been able to access the Chris Houlihan room in Zelda LTTP by dashing technique- Does anyone have a .zst save in that room for the ZSNES emulator or a PAR code that allows you to access it every time by falling down the hole covered by a bush outside Hyrule castle to the right?I would like to see what that room looks like if anyone could send me a .zst save to my e-mail address- thanks

<P ID="signature">50, count 'em 50, ambassadors will POSITIVELY appear at the peace conference today!</P>

> I have never been able to access the Chris Houlihan room in Zelda LTTP by dashing technique- Does anyone have a .zst save in that room for the ZSNES emulator or a PAR code that allows you to access it every time by falling down the hole
> covered by a bush outside Hyrule castle to the right?I would
> like to see what that room looks like if anyone could send
> me a .zst save to my e-mail address- thanks

I've never been able to get there either...

<P ID="signature">
if_only.png

xjce3000gt.png
</P>

> I have never been able to access the Chris Houlihan room in
> Zelda LTTP by dashing technique- Does anyone have a .zst
> save in that room for the ZSNES emulator or a PAR code that
> allows you to access it every time by falling down the hole
> covered by a bush outside Hyrule castle to the right?

Hm, well, you have to be really quite quick...I'd dash up there as well, not just walking up to the hole or anything like that and THEN dashing. Be as quick as you can.

I'm not sure if this is right, but I remember hearing that the room was there partly to remedy this glitch where if you did that it would crash the game if that room was not there (like the game would try to go to a non-existant room and this was a fail safe) or something...not sure where I heard that and it sounds a bit odd to me, but since there are no other rooms like that in the game I suppose it's possible. :)

*edit*
Oh, and make sure you dash into the bush as well, then immediately dash into the hole.

<P ID="signature">;http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
Neko_Supreme.GIF

Launch all Neko for Great Justice!
</a></P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by The 9th Sage on 04/14/05 11:10 PM.</FONT></P>

I'm pretty sure it was just the default room it goes to when your moving to fast for the SNES to handle, so basicly if your moving to fast it doesn't have time to read the redirction code and sends you to the "glich" room. Super Mario World is like this if you don't enter any data as the place a warp pipe goes but have the warp inabled, it auto sends Mario to the Bounus game but you can't exist(out side of timesup or the start exit if the level was cleared).
So basicly what I'm saying is that the Chris Houlihan is the default room in the rom, although I'd suspect that if you exit the room you'll always be teleported to the same place no matter where you entered it from.

Zelda:LttP does have a few other usless bugs, such as stuck in walls glich (which I've gotten to happen by pulling a statue in the Ice Palace) that was exploted to get to location you were saposed to be yet, and this gooffy warp glich I did all the time cause it was fun.
attachment.php

<P ID="signature"><hr>
<center>
LMleh.gif
LynnStatus.png

</center></P>

C:ServerxampphtdocszopharoldwwwthreadsattachmentsScrSho-Zelda300.gif

> So basicly what I'm saying is that the Chris Houlihan is the
> default room in the rom, although I'd suspect that if you
> exit the room you'll always be teleported to the same place
> no matter where you entered it from.

No, Link's House is the default room.