Buy replacement fans for a video card?

JCE3000GT

The heatsink fan on my FX5700 is making the usual noise indicating that it's about to fail--so where do I pick up another reliable fan for it? Or could I just replace the heatsink altogether?

I saw this on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835127002 but it doesn't list my video card as compatible.

My video card is as shown here:
video_specs-10-29-2006.gif

<P ID="signature"><center>
accept_jesus.jpg

coolieranx: I think accepting Christ should at least be worth a PlayStation 3</center></P>

For a 5700LE? That would be a waste. The card is only worth a bit more than that waterblock you linked to. It would be like putting a brand new audio system in an old beater of a car. Just buy a better card.

<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">I wish this song was louder.</font></P>

> For a 5700LE? That would be a waste. The card is only
> worth a bit more than that waterblock you linked to. It
> would be like putting a brand new audio system in an old
> beater of a car. Just buy a better card.

A. This card works perfectly for what I need.
B. I'm not buying a new video card.

So does this mean you do not know of ANY site/store that sells replacement fans?
<P ID="signature"><center>
accept_jesus.jpg

coolieranx: I think accepting Christ should at least be worth a PlayStation 3</center></P>

> A. This card works perfectly for what I need.
> B. I'm not buying a new video card.
>
> So does this mean you do not know of ANY site/store that
> sells replacement fans?

Since you're so insistent, look for an NV Silencer that fits the 5700LE. As far as I know, those are the only ones specifically designed for that card. Buying anything else would just be a crapshoot. You can probably pick one up for $30-40 (nevermind that you could get a better card for the same price).
<P ID="signature"><font size="-2">I wish this song was louder.</font></P>

Back
Top Bottom