A requiem of winter.

UncleOral

A requiem of winter
----------------------------

Bright and blissful joy, sparkling snow in the sun, a rainbow extended by heaven’s hand…such beauty infiltrate my mind in these dark moments of my life…
Is this meant for human eyes? Am I still alive? I can not say, the cold embraces me and refuses to let me go; I want to flee, I want to run, across the hill there into the sun.

Warmth, I would give all my worldly possessions for some heat. I can’t go on any more…

Will I reach the pearly gates? If hell is hot, is heaven cold?
These things I never think about surround my every thought; a fireplace, a heated bed, the sky looks viciously evil red.

My body feels numb, my thoughts betray me, should I let go? I can’t go on any more…

My passion and love has a mind of its own, oh how I miss my darling ones!
Let there always be a light to guide their path, let my absence stagger the godly wrath.

A feeling of passing overwhelms my soul; will this pain never end? I can’t go on any more…

The predators might soon be here, oh woe is me! How can I escape this wicked place?
This nature’s grasp is hard to break, a foe indeed, my life at stake.

My kingdom for a fire! Servants! Give your Lord a hot bath, I demand it! I can’t go on any more…

This will not do, a king’s end it is not, I wish for redemption; oh save me please! No one can hear me.
A tall oak, a nosy crow, they watch me closely and ponder; what a silly creature in the snow.

I refuse to die, I say out loud, yet winter mocks my spirit aside. I can’t go on any more…

The end is near, my fate is sealed. Will this world remember me?
A cry for help, a poem of death, should I not try to maintain my breath?

Darkness engulfs me, the pain is gone, my shivering stopped and I feel warm. Can I go on…?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's for school, I'm going to continue it with the story of how the king ended up writing this last poem which was found on his corpse. :)

Thoughts? Oh yeah, feel free to be relentless with your English critique, if you spot spelling errors or bad wording, etc...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the theme of the report is winter and depression, so if it seems kind of emo that's why. I'm really not the emo type, if I could choose anything to write a poem about I'd probably choose something beautiful, or women.

. . .

Let's just make that beautiful women. =P

Back
Top Bottom