Search results

1. Q

SNES MIDI Remaster Project (Updated May 3 2024)

SNES MIDI Remaster Project I have been working on a project for the last several years remastering my favorite soundtracks from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) as high quality GS MIDI Files, and uploading the completed soundtrack videos to YouTube, as well as having the MIDI files...
  2. Q

SNES MIDI Remaster Project - Updated March 9 2024

SNES MIDI Remaster Project I have been working on a project for the last several years remastering my favorite soundtracks from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) as high quality GS MIDI Files, and uploading the completed soundtrack videos to YouTube, as well as having the MIDI...
  3. Q

SPC dump of Editable songs from Mario Paint?

Does anyone know of an SPC dump of the three editable songs from Mario Paint? The rest of the soundtrack is available, but I'm guessing there is some sort of technical limitation with these because they are probably sent to the sound engine note by note rather than as a full track. That being...
  4. Q

SNES MIDI Remaster Project (Updated November 22 2023)

I am pleased to announce that the first complete soundtrack for the SNES MIDI Remaster Project is now online! I have been working on this project for ages. I am remastering soundtracks from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System as GS MIDI Files, and uploading the completed soundtracks as a...
  5. Q

Surprise track end in Super R-Type!

So I was playing Super R-Type a few weeks ago, when I died and left the room to go get something to eat. The game sat on the "Continue" screen for a looooong time. Super R-Type track 14, Blast Rock. It loops and loops and loops, then, quite unexpectedly, there is a genuine end to the music...
  6. Q

Forums eating posts

Are the forums just devouring posts now? My last two posts posted fine, one of them got a reply emailed to me, and now they have both vanished, and are also no longer in my watched threads list. It almost seems like at a certain time every day or every few days, the board is just reverting to...
  7. Q

Ripping SNES music to midis

I am trying to make some high quality midis from a few SNES games. (Well, as many Castlevania games as I can, but currently focusing on SNES). I spent the past few days ripping Castlevania 4 using spc2midi English R2. I have a CV4 soundfont that fairly accurately listed the actual (MIDI)...
  8. Q

Playing midis on an NES emulator

Anyone know of a way to play midi files through an NES emulator? I am aware of the differences between the formats, and am hoping to use this to my advantage. I have midi files I need to use for a homebrew game. As is, they have too many channels/notes played at the same time, as well as some...
  9. Q

Midi editor to change instruments

Hey all, I've been looking for a good free midi editor (Windows or web based) to do what I assumed would be a simple task: Change all instances of a particular instrument in a midi file to a new instrument. I generally use Anvil Studio for midi editing, but I have some midi files that were...
  10. Q

NES Soundfont help

I found this awesome NES soundfont (8bitsf.sf2) https://www.cinos.pw/projects/ that I am using with CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth through Winamp to play my midi files so they sound like awesome NES music. Trouble is, the timpani sounds too...
  11. Q

Montie2K's killing it!

Killing it in a good way. Montie2K's been busting his beans updating all the music archives over the past few months. Just want to let him know I appreciate it! Woot woot! :bigthumbup:
  12. Q

Christmas music in games

Please chime in (a holiday pun!) with songs from video games that are christmasy/wintery. I tried searching google for a while without much luck. I'd like to make myself a decent christmas playlist. Songs I can think of off the top of my head: Lemmings 2 (SNES) - Polar Tribe Banjo-Kazooie...
  13. Q

SPC to midi?

I am working on a game that needs "old sounding" music from newer games. I was recently made aware of a program called GXSCC which lets you play midi files so they sound close to (and depending on the midi file, almost exactly like) 8-bit NES music. I would prefer to use as authentic music as...
  14. Q

Please list version numbers with emulators again

One of the features I always liked about the old Zophar's was the way the emulators were listed, showing the name, version number, last updated date, and emulator description. Currently, you only show the name and description, which makes a quick glance much less useful to see if something has...
Back
Top Bottom