Pogoshell and flash cartridge tips....

The 9th Sage

I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it mods if you think it should be moved...anyway...

I've been playing with my flashcart a lot lately, and discovered how unbelievably cool Pogoshell is. (Pogoshell is a sort of GUI, or OS, for GBA Flash Carts that manages saves for you, and adds all sorts of neat functionality, like a sweet GUI for choosing games, demos, etc)

All I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips for using it, or working with Flash carts in general (or even some cool GBA demos or freeware to check out). I have learned one thing so far, that the SRAM managing is odd (but that's why it works so well), and basically have that figured out.

Plus I'd like to know why the software that comes with the Flash Linker blows so badly. I had to download LittleWriter to do almost anything with my card except for backing up stuff.

<P ID="signature">http:\\www.xanga.com\ZeldaDD
For_Me.txt
</a></P>

i'd honestly like to write a small clock app for the GBA (preferably with a date and calender function) but there are 2 drawbacks.
1. taking up 256k of sram is bull if you want to make something simple that could take up a small amount of space.

2. i dont know ASM and i am working on C++ right now.

i looked at a guide for ASM, read a bit and decided it was too hard to bother at this stage of the game.

<P ID="signature"><hr>
Ludvuck Foruk: Thats your first problem...thinking your a panda...
sephiroth111: and once again, i am totally confused as to whats going on.</P>

> i'd honestly like to write a small clock app for the GBA
> (preferably with a date and calender function)

Actually, I was thinking something like that myself, like it'd be cool to have the current time in PogoShell or something like that. You say you need ASM, but doesn't the GBA support some form of C? Of course, I'm probably wrong on this, heh.

<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
2_percent_more.txt
</a></P>

> i'd honestly like to write a small clock app for the GBA

Wouldn't the flash cart need a real time clock (or whatever they're called, like in the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire carts) for that to work? Do they make flash carts with those?

<P ID="signature"></P>

> Wouldn't the flash cart need a real time clock (or whatever
> they're called, like in the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire carts)
> for that to work? Do they make flash carts with those?
>
Yes they do make flash carts with those, it is a killer for the saver battery time though.

<P ID="signature"></P>

Back
Top Bottom