PCSXR help...

robycop3

I have downloaded & set up PCSXR, have it configured and playing isos, even created some .cht files within the PCSXR folder, complete with Game Shark codes, but I cannot get the codes to work. I know the codes work with my isos cuz I used them with EPSXE.

All help in getting the codes to work will be appreciated!

In order to get GameShark codes to work with PCSX-Reloaded, you'll have to write the programming code needed to emulate the GameShark, insert it into the PCSX-R source code and then recompile it.

In order to get GameShark codes to work with PCSX-Reloaded, you'll have to write the programming code needed to emulate the GameShark, insert it into the PCSX-R source code and then recompile it.

I noticed pcsx-r has cheat functionality and allows you to load a cheat file. I'm not sure what format it needs to be in, .cht or whatever but I was wondering the same thing.

I have looked on the codeplex site and a module was recently created/patched to add this within the user interface. I just cannot find any guidance on what file format pcsx-reloaded uses in order to import these cheats. InVerse, would you mind taking a look at that patch to see if this was just a user interface update? I am curious since I am not familiar with coding and cannot determine if the functionality is really working.

I am hopeful the devs are actively working on this, pcsx-r seems to be a pretty solid playstation emulator and this would just make it that much better.

I just got in contact with the dev, here is how you load a cheat. Create a Mac document, the format is as follows:

[cheat name]
800XXXX XXXX
300XXXX XXXX

[other cheat]
800XXXX XXXX

save file, name it whatever .. I named mine xenogears, then load the game and use the cheats menu to open the cheats window and load from there. You can enable and disable the cheats with the checkboxes next to each cheat.

Enjoy!!

Thanx for the info!

I now have it working fine!

I copy the codes to a Notebook page, which I paste onto a .cht folder, and it worx fine! Thanx again for the help in getting me started! This stuff is all fairly new to me.

Back
Top Bottom