Emulation question

poobread

hey, im new, and I've had this question on my mind for a while. How does one play game through and emulator for saturn, N64, or a lot fo another consoles? I find it quite difficult, there being so many buttons. Should I get a controller? If so, what should I get?

<P ID="signature"></P>

> while. How does one play game through and emulator for
> saturn, N64, or a lot fo another consoles? I find it quite
> difficult, there being so many buttons. Should I get a
> controller? If so, what should I get?

Your best bet is a psx to pc converter and any Playstation2 dual shock you can get. It would be about $20 for those two but that will give you 16 digital buttons (Im counting the dpad as 4 buttons) and two analog sticks. That should cover ANY console....

<P ID="signature"></P>

> Your best bet is a psx to pc converter and any Playstation2
> dual shock you can get. It would be about $20 for those two
> but that will give you 16 digital buttons (Im counting the
> dpad as 4 buttons) and two analog sticks. That should cover
> ANY console....

Either that, or if you already own an Xbox, you can get an Xbox to USB adapter (those run maybe $5 on online stores).

<P ID="signature"></P>

> hey, im new, and I've had this question on my mind for a
> while. How does one play game through and emulator for
> saturn, N64, or a lot fo another consoles? I find it quite
> difficult, there being so many buttons. Should I get a
> controller? If so, what should I get?

Well, the best thing is to get the Adaptoid (from a company called WishTech) if you're doing N64 emulation and you have an N64 controller sitting around. It's basically a USB cable you can hook the controller into, and it not only allows you to use the original controller, but you can use an N64 accesorys that use the slot on the controller (memory card, rumble pak, Pikachu voice thingie...whatever).

<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDD
Spenchi_Xanga.txt
</a></P>

> Either that, or if you already own an Xbox, you can get an
> Xbox to USB adapter (those run maybe $5 on online stores).
Hell no. Just the controller and an usb cable, cut the ends of both controller cable and usb and match the colors...I converted an XBOX Flight Pro stick (got it for $5 at EB clearance sale heh) to the pc this way

the nice thing about it is that the stick has a "breakable" cable, so if I can get one of those for xbox I can actually use it on both pc and xbox!

<P ID="signature"></P>

Back
Top Bottom