Castle of Illusion 8-bit sound files

Jami393

Does anyone have the music files from the Master System/Game Gear version of Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse? I think the file type is .kss (not sure though). I've been trying to find them on the net, but only coming across the Mega Drive sound files.

I have uploaded them to the site. You can access them here.

Thank you very much. Can I ask, how do you rip the music files out of a ROM? I just would like to know, so if I don't find any on the net and without bothering anyone, I can just do it myself.

M3U is not a music file, its just a playlist file that indicates the name of the song and where it starts and ends.

The music itself is in the .sgc file.

Try installing foobar2000 or Winamp, and the Game Emu Player or NEZPlug/NEZplug+ plugins respectively.

OK thank you.

Also, you can get some MP3s here:
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/castle-of-illusion-mega-drive-rip-
Though I'm not sure if that's the version you want.

No it's not what I'm looking for seeing that that is the 16-bit version of the game.

Right I've put in the plugin NEZPlug for Winamp, but it's still not picking up anything other than the M3U files.

All of these utilities are pretty old. It could be that you need to run it via an older version of Winamp.

Try foobar2000, that worked for me before.

NEZPlug definitely still works in the current version of Winamp, it's what I currently use. You have to make sure you go to "file types" in the preferences menu and make sure that KSS is selected.

Alternatively, once that plugin is loaded, the M3U file should load all of the associated KSS files directly into Winamp (provided that they are all in the same directory as the M3U file).

NEZPlug definitely still works in the current version of Winamp, it's what I currently use. You have to make sure you go to "file types" in the preferences menu and make sure that KSS is selected.

Alternatively, once that plugin is loaded, the M3U file should load all of the associated KSS files directly into Winamp (provided that they are all in the same directory as the M3U file).

Still not working. I'll says what's in the folder again. There's the M3U files which I said earlier and this one other file which is a .sgc file.

OK, out of curiosity, I installed Winamp and NEZPlug, and while other KSS files from the KSS section load, this specific .sgc indeed does not load.

Any guide on how you managed to get this specific file to load?

I did manage to get it to load in foobar2000, though, with the Game Emu Player plugin, though I have never played the game and don't know if the sound reproduced is accurate.

Oh wow, I just realized that the site I grabbed them from totally changed their format a short while ago. I don't like that.

Anyway, I uploaded the file from my personal collection. Give it a shot now.

Oh wow, I just realized that the site I grabbed them from totally changed their format a short while ago. I don't like that.

Anyway, I uploaded the file from my personal collection. Give it a shot now.

The files in the new download work and everything now, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom