Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 09-16-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
cinvowell

Default What bands do you think have great concerts?

Iíve been to a few concerts. All the same band - The Moody Blues. All at what used to be called Pine Knob (Michigan), an open air venue. I liked that the fans were very polite, not pushy. Iíve even seen people with small children, strollers, and infants. Once, I saw 4 generations enjoying the music. I guess the reason the fans were not pushy was what went on on the grass seats. Everybody got a contact high just walking by. I usually go alone. Every time I either invite someone or go with someone things donít exactly go smoothly. So, I go by myself - less hassle.

Last time they came to Michigan, they came to a venue about 6 hours drive 1 way. Besides that, the members that havenít retired yet are in their 70s so I donít think they have too many more concerts in their future.

I know, just pick a band and go, but Iím not a pushy person and I know 2 things - in one of those crowds where everyone is packed in like sardines, all Iíll see is armpits and elbows (Iím short - 5í) and it wonít matter how close my seat is, when everyone starts shoving and pushing, Iíll end up in the back.

I know I wonít find anything like the concerts Iím used to. Iím not trying, just trying to find more concerts or at least A concert that I can feel comfortable going. I enjoyed going to concerts and havenít been for a few years. Iíd like to plan on going to a concert next year and I tend to plan ahead so I have enough money for the tickets and maybe buying a couple things. So thatís why Iím putting this out now instead of waiting til spring.

EDITED: Iím sorry, I got a bit winded with what I wrote and muddled the thing in the process. What I intended (and I think I missed the mark by a mile in my description) is if youíve gone to a concert that you really enjoyed and you think the band is at least good, thatís what I intended for this thread. Any band/singer any concert or does no one go to concerts anymore.

Last edited by cinvowell; 09-17-2017 at 03:51 PM.
cinvowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
neoblaze
Super Moderator

I love going to concerts and festivals. I've lost track over how many bands or shows I've gone to a very long time ago. :P I'm usually very specific about what concerts I go to unless I'm at a festival. I've found a lot of cool new music just wandering about at a festival. <3
neoblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #3
cinvowell

Any that are memorable?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
neoblaze
Super Moderator

Oh man, that's going to be a long list. In no particular order:

Pink Floyd, Placebo, Muse, Mew, The Prodigy, Prince, Apoptygma Berzerk, Combichrist, GŚte, Seigmen, Zeromancer, Foo Fighters, Die Antwoord, Turbonegro, NOFX, The Cat Empire, VNV Nation, Justice

There are loads more. I should find my ticket stub collection.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
cinvowell

I'm going to have to look some of them up. Any of them have crowds not too wild?
Old 09-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
king killa

Forgive me for saying it, but.. Insane Clown Posse.

They suck hard, but they know how to put on an awesome show.
king killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #7
cinvowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by king killa View Post
Forgive me for saying it, but.. Insane Clown Posse.

They suck hard, but they know how to put on an awesome show.
OK, I've heard worse. do you have any other suggestions?
Old 09-23-2017, 08:40 PM   #8
neoblaze
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinvowell View Post
I'm going to have to look some of them up. Any of them have crowds not too wild?
The Cat Empire would be the one I'd recommend from that list if you don't want to end up in a mosh pit or something. ;p There will probably be dancing though!
Old 09-23-2017, 09:23 PM   #9
cinvowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoblaze View Post
The Cat Empire would be the one I'd recommend from that list if you don't want to end up in a mosh pit or something. ;p There will probably be dancing though!
Thank you. I'm 5' and not pushy. I can't imagine or rather I can imagine where I'd end up in a mash pit. Dancing is good. I can jitterbug to almost anything with a good beat.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #10
zigzag

Guns n Roses and Metallica
zigzag is offline   Reply With Quote