Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
WildSideGT

Default Is there a way to play roms on a real snes

I have a SNES and would like to play jap games but I want them to be in english and I want to play them on my snes on a normal cart. There is a person on ebay selling copies of Secret of Mana 2 that is done this way. can someone help me
WildSideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
InVerse

If you want it on a "normal cart" then you're going to have to buy individual repro carts of every game you want or else will have to buy an eprom burner and make your own carts.

If you just want to play ROMs on a real SNES, you can shell out $100+ for a SNES copier that will allow you to play most ROMs on a real console.

Or for less than $20, you could buy an adapter to connect a real SNES controller to a computer and connect the computer to your TV.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
Richter X

Or you could buy a SNES flashcart. There's a few available, but the addon chips they support vary. The newest one I've seen, but still being worked on atm, supports most of them. http://sd2snes.de/blog/status
Old 03-29-2017, 06:17 AM   #4
Mousie

or you could go here
HTML Code:
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=84
Mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
speedluigi

TBH, Flash carts generally are the best way to play rom hacks on the real hardware, as long as the game doesn't use any specific add-on chips like the SNES Super FX chip. However, they usually aren't very reliable, and for a long-term solution, it would be best to make your own or buy repros.
speedluigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
jccrafter9000

Use something like Super Everdrive. Works for me when i want to play a SNES ROM on my SNES.
jccrafter9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:57 AM   #7
thedarkbanshee

I own both a SD2SNES as well as a UFO pro 8. SD2SNES works with ease but requires a setup bios. Many on the net do not work and the devloper nolonger provides the files. Good luck obtaning them. SD2SNES can run most everything excluding FX though can run MSU 1 aka movie or music CD quality

The UFO 8 has a bad wrap because even though it is more plug and play a takes unexpected technicalities to special chip games to work. Many reviews state they do not work and state the device is falsly advertised. This is not true it does run FX and FX2 along with every special chip excluding MSU 1. This device is more compatible then the SD2SNES but you need to learn how to expand roms as well as match roms with special chip carts and even be sure to know if you have a header on your rom or not. Also the UFO Adds ram thus laggy games drop their lag. Ok the SD2SNES can as well but runs games without expanding them so most people have no idea about it untill there forced to do so with the UFO as I was.

Conclusion
Both devices are better then emulation and remove lag if you expand your roms, all of which play accuratly on a real Snes. Need more info on the UFO on expanding roms and headers and special chips just ask. Perhaps I will make a youtube video as no one elae touches on this info.
thedarkbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote