Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #1
thaull

Default Pikmin 2 freezes when selecting a map.

I use the Dolphin Emulator.

Everytime I choose a map for Pikmin 2, it shows the rocket flying to the spot. The second the screen is going to the map, it just freezes.

I reinstalled the game a couple times, but still the same problem. Anyone please help?
thaull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
Reaper man

Dolphin is still rather early development wise. That game probably isn't very compatible.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Gil

It isn't too compatible with map mode, as it appears to keep trying to call on a special memory address that ain't being emulated yet. (so it freezes instead)

the dolphin people will figure this out and fix it.

I had the same problem with a couple of my games, granted usually not in map mode, but still.. yea.

you quickly learn to figure out the problem yourself when half the people are like "you're doing what with a dolphin?" (no clue what dolphin even is yet), or "dolphin is too new, just wait for them to fix it" (the more accurate response, but still can annoy you)

I'm afraid that "it's too new, just wait" will be my end reply as well. Sorry, it's true. Especially considering that they're still making new games for the gamecube today.
And that the people at dolphin still have yet to get the legend of zelda: wind waker emulated properly. (I never thought I'd like anything with a cartoon Link in it since the cartoon series was such a disappointment, but that game proved me wrong)
Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
The 9th Sage

Well, it is true. Things like this are bleeding edge (that includes PCSX2, though to a lesser extent I'd say).

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Well, it is true. Things like this are bleeding edge (that includes PCSX2, though to a lesser extent I'd say).
much lesser extent now that the PS3 is becoming the dominent gaming platform, but yea, I've got to wholeheartedly agree with that, once in a while, BAM. even PSCX2 (which by the way is the best, if you ever get a ps2 emu, get that one) has a problem. But fortunately it's been around a bit longer, so I see much fewer of that. Often it catches me off guard and just annoys me like WTF?! when suddenly a game glitches rather then crashes outright.

thank god for dedicated nerds who release free stuff lol
Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:58 AM   #6
The 9th Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
much lesser extent now that the PS3 is becoming the dominent gaming platform, but yea, I've got to wholeheartedly agree with that, once in a while, BAM. even PSCX2 (which by the way is the best, if you ever get a ps2 emu, get that one) has a problem. But fortunately it's been around a bit longer, so I see much fewer of that. Often it catches me off guard and just annoys me like WTF?! when suddenly a game glitches rather then crashes outright.

thank god for dedicated nerds who release free stuff lol
Oh yeah, PCSX2 is pretty good all the same. I've played games on it.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote