Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #21
The 9th Sage
Senior Member
 
The 9th Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY State in the US
Posts: 17,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Mind you, there have been others to do this sort of thing in the past.
I'm not so sure that's what they are doing. The demo of the game that was released a time ago had a lot of potential...it showed they had some good ideas and were executing them anyway. The "preview" videos also show things that I don't recall being in the demo.
__________________
Just can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.
---
http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #22
snesmaster40
Junior Member
 
snesmaster40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Apparently a 98% beta has been leaked. I don't know if it's true yet, but it was bound to happen.
snesmaster40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #23
The 9th Sage
Senior Member
 
The 9th Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY State in the US
Posts: 17,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snesmaster40 View Post
Apparently a 98% beta has been leaked. I don't know if it's true yet, but it was bound to happen.
Hm...if it is true, I certainly hope nothing happens to Chrono Compendium. I don't know how adamant Squeenix is on this kind of thing.
*edit*
It would seem to be true. Posting the ROM here or saying where to get it is a ban. We should respect the wishes of Chrono Compendium. I also want to note that people can stop saying the project was fake can definitely stop. You can trust me on this, I'd have no reason to lie about it, nor am I the type.
__________________
Just can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.
---
http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #24
Lillymon
Senior Member
 
Lillymon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
I also want to note that people can stop saying the project was fake can definitely stop. You can trust me on this, I'd have no reason to lie about it, nor am I the type.
Now that I've got my hands on the leaked ROM, I can confirm this too. I'm definitely more inclined to believe the cease & desist letter was real now, and the hack does seem about 98% complete, with only some bits of NPC dialogue missing that I can see.
__________________
Amelia Explains It All - Eventually. Probably.
Lillymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
The 9th Sage
Senior Member
 
The 9th Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY State in the US
Posts: 17,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Now that I've got my hands on the leaked ROM, I can confirm this too. I'm definitely more inclined to believe the cease & desist letter was real now, and the hack does seem about 98% complete, with only some bits of NPC dialogue missing that I can see.
Yeah...there are some bugs here and there, but I'm enjoying it so far. The chapter after the prologue is hard though. O_o
__________________
Just can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.
---
http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #26
Dontbugme
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7
Default

It's not the 98% complete beta, it's a few months old.

The official gameplay videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSTpkMB9kNk



Villa Palmar Timeshare

Last edited by Dontbugme; 02-21-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Dontbugme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #27
The 9th Sage
Senior Member
 
The 9th Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY State in the US
Posts: 17,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontbugme View Post
It's not the 98% complete beta, it's a few months old.

The official gameplay videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSTpkMB9kNk
Indeed, I figured that much. At any rate, it's a shame what's happened to it.
__________________
Just can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.
---
http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #28
Lillymon
Senior Member
 
Lillymon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontbugme View Post
It's not the 98% complete beta, it's a few months old.
Ah, I did suspect that myself, but figured the '98%' figure referred to the graphics, equipment, and new script, with the debug stuff and missing NPC text being the remaining 2%. But if this is a few months before the C&D letter, then I'm impressed. This is definitely a high quality hack, and it'd be a pity if the world never sees the near-finished product.
__________________
Amelia Explains It All - Eventually. Probably.
Lillymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #29
The 9th Sage
Senior Member
 
The 9th Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY State in the US
Posts: 17,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillymon View Post
Ah, I did suspect that myself, but figured the '98%' figure referred to the graphics, equipment, and new script, with the debug stuff and missing NPC text being the remaining 2%. But if this is a few months before the C&D letter, then I'm impressed. This is definitely a high quality hack, and it'd be a pity if the world never sees the near-finished product.
Yeah...I feel bad that the only way I could ever play it is this leaked copy of it. They obviously spent a lot of time on it, and it just goes to waste because Square-Enix hates fan projects.

I realize it's their copyright and within their rights, but it still seems like a shame since if anything this would have enhanced sales of the DS version of the original (in my opinion, since you pretty much need to play the SNES or DS versions to understand a bunch of this...Chrono Cross helps too).
__________________
Just can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.
---
http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #30
Lillymon
Senior Member
 
Lillymon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
Yeah...I feel bad that the only way I could ever play it is this leaked copy of it. They obviously spent a lot of time on it, and it just goes to waste because Square-Enix hates fan projects.

I realize it's their copyright and within their rights, but it still seems like a shame since if anything this would have enhanced sales of the DS version of the original (in my opinion, since you pretty much need to play the SNES or DS versions to understand a bunch of this...Chrono Cross helps too).
Indeed, with Square-Enix doing very little (Chrono Trigger DS was just an exercise in laziness really), it's up to the fan projects to keep interest in the Chrono series alive. Unfortunately, Square-Enix's overzealous attempts to keep control are scaring talent away and pissing fans off. I've already decided it's time for me to take a break from Square-Enix games for a while, and that was pretty much all down to this one little project.
__________________
Amelia Explains It All - Eventually. Probably.
Lillymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.