Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 07-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
InVerse

Exactly, it's the Internet, a medium in which the primary form of communication is still (despite the explosion of video sharing) the written word. As such, an inability to use proper spelling and grammar is tantamount to drooling while talking with your mouth full. If you ever hope to succeed in life, you're going to have to learn how to communicate clearly and precisely. Otherwise, you will be in danger of being kicked out of the trailer court for not paying your rent after losing your job for being unable to properly ask "Do you want fries with that?"

Being on the Internet allows you liberal use of certain shorthand, as well as ironic use of certain grammatical errors. It does not allow you to massacre the English language so badly that a Brazilian wonders wtf is wrong with you.

When you type with a total disregard for grammar and spelling, you give the impression that you're about eleven years old. Now, an eleven year old that uses horrible grammar to ask an intelligent question (such as: "I moddedified Kausmi's moddel so hr 8008135 bounse in time to lil waynes new song but I cant figgur out how to hax da musik so i can put that song in the game duz anyone no wut audio format DOAX uses an what programs can hax it?") may receive a helpful response. The general impression will probably be something along the lines of "Well, this guy sounds like an idiot, but he's obviously put some thought into his question, so I'll go ahead and try to help him."

Alternatively, if someone were to use proper spelling and grammar to ask a juvenile question (Such as: "Dear sirs, How would I go about patching an XBox ISO so as to behold Kasumi's bountiful, bouncing bosom?") then the general impression will be something along the lines of "Wow, that guy really needs to get laid, but since he asked politely and uses onomatopoeia, I'll go ahead and help him."

Whereas, when you type like an eleven year old *and* you ask a juvenile question (such as: "OMG PLZ SHOW ME KASUMIS BOOBIES") then the general impression is that you are eleven years old and it would possibly be a federal crime to provide you with the tools necessary to look at digital nudity.

You are certainly under no moral obligation to utilize proper spelling and grammar, but perhaps this post will help you to recognize that doing so will greatly aid you when you are seeking knowledge.

As for a serious response... Surely, you've seen all of the news stories about 板垣 伴信 quitting Techmo last year following sexual harassment charges. If not, it should be a simple matter to Google it, the story was on all gaming sites and a few mainstream news outlets as well.

Of course, you apparently suck at Google or else you'd already have discovered that it's entirely possible to play Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball with nudity on a real XBox. As for the XBox 360, since DoAX doesn't appear to play unhacked, it obviously isn't going to play hacked, either. However, it should be noted that some of the females in the Dead or Alive series are related, so enjoying watching them contort about naked is tantamount to an admission of enjoyment of incest. So, if you have a sister, you could just ask her to play a game of naked volleyball and save yourself the time of having to download a hacked game.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMxDoomguyx View Post
dude its the internet no need to turn into grammir nazis on me lol jk rofl gtg brb afk u guys r awesome roflcopter bbq but seriously ignoring my bad grammir which i am very proud of does any body have a serious reponse to my previous statement
There's a reason that their asking your grammar skills to improve, they're not saying you're going to need two lessons to improve the two points previously mentioned to you, two times, too. Your grammar helps your question be answered, and our language helps our brains interpret what we are reading. If I saw a saw and sally saw me saw some wood, to say that she saw me saw the wood with the saw she would say to her two friends that she saw me saw it too...
Old 07-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Potion View Post
There's a reason that their asking your grammar skills to improve,
*snicker*
edit: oh god... I think this guy may live in the same city as me (or at least the same state). I think I'm going to be rather ill.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
Maximum Potion
Staff (news - ROM hacking/translations)

Well, now I feel stupid... There, ''their'' should be ''they're''.

I guess I shouldn't post immediately after getting out of bed...

Last edited by Maximum Potion; 07-18-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Forgot a comma.
Maximum Potion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #15
InVerse

<Fashykekes> Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."
Old 08-13-2009, 02:56 AM   #16
LMxDoomguyx

wow all this just because i said you're instead of your personally i dont think its that big of a mistake obviouly you can still read what im saying you know you asshole really piss me you fucking gramir nazis go to hell you faggots oh whats the matter my misspelling got a little sand in YOU'RE vaginas suck it up you big pussys quite crying in the breast milk and grow some balls or go buy some razors and slit your wrists makes no difference to difference to me point being you dont need to gang rape every person who dosent use grammer like an english teacher why does it even matter what do you all jack off to english texts books at night or something does perfect grammer give you all chubbys that must be it or you wouldnt give a rats ass about spelling like I do so take the dildos out of your ears and various orifouses and listen to me as hard as you fucking can if some mispells a single word in a parograph even if its a tiny bit cofuseing if you can still understand the general message of whats being said respond to it dont give someone a bunch of horse shit about grammer and spelling if YOU'RE going to do that go fuck your self better yet go get your ribs removed and suck your own dicks like marlylin manson then i hope you die and satan ass rapes you with out lubricant burn in hell and fuck ever single one of you shit heads

(TOO TIRED, TOO ANGRY, FUCK OFF)

Last edited by Lillymon; 08-13-2009 at 11:20 AM.
LMxDoomguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #17
InVerse

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. We weren't ripping on you because you made a spelling error, we were ripping on you because you're a fucking idiot.

You see, someone with a low level of intelligence, such as yourself has trouble comprehending anything regardless of the format in which it is written. However, those of us that are in possession of a fair amount of intelligence actually find it difficult to process information when it's in the form of a more than a dozen lines of unpunctuated text. It's not that we *can't* understand what is written, it's that we're not willing to put in the effort to do so since anyone who writes in such a manner could not possibly have anything meaningful to say.

I am very sorry that being unable to see titties on your XBox has left you so butthurt. Don't worry, when you grow up, you'll be able to buy pictures of titties at your local truck stop. Until then, you'll just have to be content with drawing them with your crayons and giggling over them with your friends during recess.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
D--

This is why I don't like it when InVerse gets banned from this forum.

Someone needs to make my long-imagined vBulletin/YaBB SE module: a new registration test that requires applicants to pass a series of basic grammar and punctuation questions.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #19
Reaper man

Quote:
if YOU'RE going to do that go fuck your self better yet go get your ribs removed and suck your own dicks like marlylin manson...
You know, if all guys could pull that off without having to modify their bodies, our species would be doomed. ;p
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #20
Pattywick

Quote:
hey i was wondering something i know now that xbox emulators and rom (called iso's i belive) do exsist so i always heard about the nude patch for dead or alive xtreme beach vollyball so im wonder could i do this useing the actual game and my 360 the answer is no but im wondering now can it be done with a an xbox emulator and a dead or alive xtreme iso has it already be done if not is there some one here who would be willing to do it
Hey OP, sorry if I'm too late in my reply. I help run a new ROMhacking website, and while we don't have exactly what you are looking for, we may have something that is close enough to your liking. Take a look here:

[url]http://badderhacksnet.ipage.com/badderhacks/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=6s x&Itemid=1&layout=default[/url]

I do, however, have a copy of Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball with the nude hack.

I would be willing to make a patch of this hack for you to download. But unfortunately, I only have an unmodified XBOX 360 and I am not too familiar with XBOX hacking.

Maybe you would like to join our site and we can figure things out?
Pattywick is offline   Reply With Quote