Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Website Talk > Site Questions / Suggestions

Old 09-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #31
hcs

I'd just like to note that my "no" vote was merely personal preference. Many sites I visit are of the low update variety, and I get my general video game news from other sources.
But I realize that this is a new ZD, and the old one died rather than match the slower pace of emulation development, and it's true that I haven't been around as long as Corny, so as much as I love to be talked about let's not use me as a point of discussion.
hcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #32
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcs View Post
I'd just like to note that my "no" vote was merely personal preference. Many sites I visit are of the low update variety, and I get my general video game news from other sources.
But I realize that this is a new ZD, and the old one died rather than match the slower pace of emulation development, and it's true that I haven't been around as long as Corny, so as much as I love to be talked about let's not use me as a point of discussion.
Oh, I'm sure you had your reasons for voting no, and I have no problem with that.

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #33
Iconoclast

I know the poll is far from finished.

If there is even one negative answer to the idea even Edman approving it has the risk of losing members. As the oldest known (to me) emulation site forgetting about old values will lose that value by losing old members.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #34
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
I know the poll is far from finished.

If there is even one negative answer to the idea even Edman approving it has the risk of losing members. As the oldest known (to me) emulation site forgetting about old values will lose that value by losing old members.
We already lost these old members when ZD stopped posting news and started to die. Some stayed, some went to others pages to get their emulation news. I'm not asking to stop posting news about emulators, just asking to post also post some news about gaming in general.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #35
Iconoclast

Xeon3D might have left, but by using some number of people who left compared to those who stayed this site's standing is completely ignored. For that reason the change is so dramatic the judgment of the entire site will be altered. This is just foolish until more than two people are firmly confident about the idea, so it was wise to start a poll.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #36
Cornellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Xeon3D might have left, but by using some number of people who left compared to those who stayed this site's standing is completely ignored. For that reason the change is so dramatic the judgment of the entire site will be altered. This is just foolish until more than two people are firmly confident about the idea, so it was wise to start a poll.
Hrm... A lot more staffers quit when ZD went on hiatus, not just Xeon. There was a time where ZD was known to be a message board, and after a place for emulation news. I don't know why some stopped looking for news, but it was really sad to see that the last news were posted almost 3 years before the current date. Not only some staffers quit, but some people of the community also. If they came back at the ZD's revival, that I don't know. Go look the staff personal icons thread and tell me how many of them you remember.

Last edited by Cornellius; 09-13-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #37
Iconoclast

Zero at least...I only know Xeon3D left after this "Renaissance" period began. I was invited here by a fellow moderator somewhere else. That site is in this site's stage before Edman picked it up from SwampGas.

Every number counts however. Such criticism for your debate is mere insensitivity to the guests who can see this thread. It is not impossible for someone who knew this site as it once was to not be here to challenge this idea. So far the poll response posts were only critical at worst, but we will see. I only expected caution.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #38
Rattlehead

Speaking of Edman...if he never comes back, what then?

Click here to level up my card!

Rattlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #39
Iconoclast

Then there's going to be a lot of reading.

He did say once he read all new threads anyway. I'm not sure I believe that...in fact anyone who uses the forum index page is going to have a hard time complying to that check.

Soon before I reported that the USF track that didn't reupload wasn't the GBA one he reuploaded instead he left for vacation. But that's alright; if he gets back we'll know he's alive. It probably won't take him like that long to scan through the attention threads for him. And hey, this kind of thing has happened a lot of times, the admin leaving for a while and not coming back for a long time.

We just need to hope he's alive and that he sees the problems (unless he is alive but just doesn't log on ever again which kind of turns the tables).

Last edited by Iconoclast; 09-14-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #40
Umiliphus

What sort of vacation was it? Is he a contestant on Big Brother or something?
Umiliphus is offline   Reply With Quote