Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Rom Hack

Old 06-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
Darkshadowmark

Default Rom hack HELP!

okay, so i got the Christmas mod and many many textures were missing, the walls were black and in several parts, the camera froze and i could do nothing but warp out. i tried to play the Crystal kakariko mod and the same thing, what do i do?
Darkshadowmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
InVerse

You start by mentioning what game you're referring to, which patches you're talking about, what steps you took to apply the patch, what ROM you're using and what emulators you've tried it in.

The only "Christmas" mod I know of off hand is for Super Mario Bros. "Kakariko" makes me assume you're referring to one of the Zelda games. But we'll need considerably more information before we can provide any help. At this point, all I could recommend would be formatting your hard drive and reinstalling your operating system.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Darkshadowmark

oh, sorry about that. the game i am using is the LOZ: ocarina of time oh...its the master's quest debug version and...http://nfl797.webs.com/mydownloads.htm here is where i found the mods
Old 06-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
InVerse

My guess would be that the problem is with the ROM. Are you sure that the Christmas Mod works with the Master Quest Debug ROM? Several of the files on that site specify "OOT Debug ROM" in the label but the Christmas mod doesn't.

Have you successfully applied hacks to the same ROM before? I would suggest downloading the No Intro DAT file for N64 along with either clrmamepro or ROM Center to verify that you do have the correct ROM. Just because it's named properly doesn't mean it's the correct file. I could easily name a picture of my cock Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (Debug ROM) (U) [!]. Even if the ROM runs fine by itself doesn't mean it's the correct ROM for a particular hack.

My suggestion would be to email the author, since he provided his email address (or Facebook, if you're retarded) info on the page you linked. Or, better yet, try this forum on which the author was apparently active as recently as 2 days ago.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Darkshadowmark

ok, thank you...i think