Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 11-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #21
stillgrowingup

Ok guy(s). I got the PS1 (ps1.13) to work. So far so good.

But the N64 has bugs, besides Rogue Squardon not working. I'm playing Golden Eye and it will just shut down. Go figure!?! I'm to stubborn to quit!!!! I guess if I can get a PS2 Emlator too work, I can live with that. Ideas about the 'golden eye' shutting down???
stillgrowingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #22
Iconoclast

Uh no sorry...all I know is of all the support threads I've read for Project64 I don't remember a single one mentioning automatic shutdown. I do remember something about the hardware cooler for one guy's system being too weak, and they had automatic shutdown while trying to emulate something else. I just no this isn't really about the N64 as it is something intensive maybe Project64 tried doing.

Also GoldenEye was designed to be more system-intensive, so that'd explain that. There's another emulator called 1964 that comes with a much less intensive RDP.
http://1964emu.emulation64.com

The graphics will suck, but if that works for you I know how to fix that because there's a GPU based off Rice's Daedalus that shouldn't be that more intensive.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #23
stillgrowingup

I'll have to wait until i get 2 to another computer 2 to download that. Right now my only internet access is at work, and that website is blocked. I go through a proxy sever, but that only allow up to 1k downloads. Do you have another proxy suggestion?

Last edited by Reaper man; 11-28-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: typo fixing... did your little brother get a hold of your account or something?
Old 11-27-2008, 12:35 AM   #24
Iconoclast

I don't know anything about networking. :P I was born to have no interest in the Internet as much as offline learning work.

When you get to another system then you probably want to try out Project64 with GoldenEye to see if it's a hardware cooler issue...although 1964 with Rice's Video Plugin is theoretically better for this game. I guess it's a wait, and that's fine by me.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #25
stillgrowingup

I just downloaded it at a friend's house. I'll let you know how it works out.

Last edited by Reaper man; 12-02-2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: stop it with the AOLspeak
Old 12-02-2008, 03:24 AM   #26
Reaper man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillgrowingup View Post
I just downloaded it at a friend's house. I'll let you know how it works out.
Quit typing in AOLspeak. This is your first verbal warning. Type like a tard again, and I'll have to take action.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #27
stillgrowingup

I installed 1964. So far so good. As expected, Rogue Squadron still doesn't work. But I understand that may never work. I do like how 1964 gives you a list of your games and also tells you how it works. Would it be useful to install the patches for 1964. I quickly read the 'readme' files and I don't think I need to. Those seem to be updates for an older version. I'm I correct on that? And can you think of any other updates I may want to install(Video, audio)?
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #28
Iconoclast

Jabo_Direct3D8.dll plugin file is supplied with Project64 (Project64\Plugin).
For general performance you want to copy that file over to 1964\PLUGIN. Then you can change to Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 in 1964 through the Plug-ins menu.

Quote:
Would it be useful to install the patches for 1964. I quickly read the 'readme' files and I don't think I need to. Those seem to be updates for an older version.
Not sure what all this means
Old 12-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #29
stillgrowingup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Not sure what all this means
Sorry, I forgot the comma.

I looked over the patches offered for the 1964 emulator. Those patches seem to be upgrades for an older version of 1964. Am I correct? Or should I download and install those patches too?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #30
Iconoclast

The latest 1964 release 0.9.9 issues no patches because there are no such upgrades.