Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #1
puduhead

Default Still defending myself to the State 2 years later...

Re: Re: Additional Background Screening Information Required

1. the date, nature, seriousness, and circumstances of the offense/incident:

October 31st 2005, routine traffic stop, as a vehicle passenger, I am identified and arrested for an unpaid traffic ticket. After the arrest, the Police Officer searches the vehicle. Upon discovery of an empty breath mint tin containing alleged flake, speck or otherwise unusable residue of Cannabis Plant, the officer, using coercion, forces a charge on either the driver of the vehicle or myself. Already under arrest, and having no knowledge of the lengths at which the State of Utah will go to criminalize the innocent in this matter, I voluntarily accept the charge and spare the driver from arrest.

2. your age at the time of the offense/incident:

3. whether the offense/incident was isolated or repeated:

Isolated

4. whether the offense/incident relates to the abuse of a child or vulnerable adult:

No

5. documented evidence of your rehabilitation, counseling, psychiatric treatment, additional schooling or training since the incident:

I fail to see the relevance in documenting such evidence on the basis of coerced possession charge of the aforementioned breath mint tin containing miniscule or otherwise unusable Cannabis Plant residue. As the former President Jimmy Carter said:

"Penalties against a drug should not be more dangerous to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marijuana."

Particularly in this case, whereas possession of residue and a common consumer item (charged as paraphernalia, yet non-specific to marijuana), this is clearly among the most innocuous of drug related charges.

Whereas I, the defendant, despite spending a substantial amount of money out of pocket for legal defense, yet sustained personal damages in the form of the following:

Jail time served; lost time at work; character defamation regarding criminality of said charges; $500.00 court fine; additional time spent in court and legal counsel; suspension of driver’s license; restriction of basic freedoms relative to court mandated probation; additional complications with employment, as evidenced by your inquiry.

I am inclined to side with the statement quoting former President Carter. Surely the State has moved beyond the confines of justice to the apprehensible and blatant criminalization of basically good human beings.

In my defense, I am a 32-year-old without criminal record, or even so much as a minor traffic accident in 15 years of driving. I am the oldest of 10 children. I am an artist, musician, promoter of freedom and humanity; promoter of peace. I have served the LDS Church in a Mission to Nebraska. I have developed business areas for major companies including Novell and AccessData (Leader in Forensic Software used by Law Enforcement across the globe).

I was so engaged after the initial offense/incident, my first response was to build a media case. However, upon further investigation, I discovered that overuse of law was a problem rampant in America. I quickly dropped any notion of using my experience as an example and sought alternative ways to be involved in change.

6. other information you want the committee to consider:

You, ladies and Gentlemen, are a part of that opportunity for change. My current employment and means of providing for my family rests in your hands. Be that you feel further “justice” or otherwise precaution is warranted on behalf of the violent and emotionally disturbed youth that I care for, then it is your prerogative to act within your conscience in this matter. However, consider carefully the precedents you set in a State and Nation so beset with what I would consider REAL crimes, such as those against humanity: Violence, Rape, Neglect and Abuse of unwitting and/or helpless subjects.

In time, I believe people with experiences similar to mine will be exonerated.
<P ID="signature">___________________________________ ________
http://www.myspace.com/directionlessmusic</a></P>
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
pipes

Default Re: Still defending myself to the State 2 years later...

I am sorry but we have found someone more qualified.
<P ID="signature">The pipes clangor all the time!</P>
Old 09-18-2007, 01:47 AM   #3
puduhead

> I am sorry but we have found someone more qualified.

haha yeah no doubt a popular response for this. but they are only the state licensing board, not the employer. and this isn't some awesome job either. they employ their share of remedial people. some clients are more of a challenge than others. mine just happen to be uber-violent.

but since the time of posting this, my manager called and may have a more chill gig lined up for me.

still have to deal with the state screening process regardless. and as for that, I have yet to see how strict my employer is on it. technically, the state has already said in their first letter to me that I am not approved for unsupervised time with minors or vulnerable adults, pending this additional screening. but for one reason or another, the employer hasn't picked up on that yet.

anyway, it's quite possible i'll lose my job over this. i've been railroaded for a lot less, here in Dogma Town, USA.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #4
puduhead

I failed to mention this wasn't actually sent to them. Just pasted out of the word document. I learned from years of inter-department email battles that I need to sit on the touchy subjects and rework them after the 'venting' stage.

sadly, i really do just want to send it as is because i don't tend to bend my views to fit societal expectations. but it won't get me anywhere with my employment and i know that of course.

they'll be receiving a vanilla version. although i haven't quite figured out how to address their request for proof of rehabilitation. how does someone rehabilitate from a paraphernalia charge? the possession charge was dropped in court so...
Old 09-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #5
The 9th Sage

> how does someone rehabilitate from a
> paraphernalia charge? the possession charge was dropped in
> court so...

Wait, they want proof of so-called 'rehabillitation', yet the possession charge was dropped? What are they talking about? If they are referring to the not paying traffic tickets, then if you have had no problem since then, that's your rehab I guess. :P

Somehow I think they mean something different though.
<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd
My blog...the perfect cure for curry withdrawl!!</a></P>

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
Porchmonkey

I just got done doing 30 days in the parish jail for a drug paranalia charge.

Jail is boring as fuck. Just so you know.

<P ID="signature">

Final Fantasy
</P>
Porchmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
you

> I just got done doing 30 days in the parish jail for a drug
> paranalia charge.
Shit, man. Where do you live?
<P ID="signature"></P>
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
Porchmonkey

> Shit, man. Where do you live?

Shreveport, LA. The charge was in a neighboring Parish (equivelent to counties in other states) called Webster that is nothing but woods and hick towns, but I-20 goes through it.

Yep. 2,500 dollars or thirty days. The choice was easy for me. I enjoy money.

<P ID="signature">

Final Fantasy
</P>
Porchmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
The 9th Sage

> Yep. 2,500 dollars or thirty days. The choice was easy for
> me. I enjoy money.

Yah, really...might as well rephrase it as "Go bankrupt, or thirty days." for a lot of folks.
<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/zeldadd
My blog...the perfect cure for curry withdrawl!!</a></P>

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote