Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > Emulation News

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #21
Rune @ GSC

@ LB: This is one example of thousands:

http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=15&gid=7612

Star Wars Rebel Strike -- I hacked all of those character modifiers. They have been stripped of proper credit. This is one example of thousands of codes that lack the proper code credit in the raped GH/GSC 2007 db.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #22
Lazy Bastard
Administrator

Quote:
@ LB: Wrong. The codes that I hacked have been stripped of any code credit and are still in the GH db even after I have requested that they be removed.
I remember we had this discussion in the past. At first you continued to ignore my request for you to specify any codes which were hacked by you but not properly credited, then you tried to claim credit for codes which were hacked by others, and which more than one person confirmed had been hacked by others.

The problem with someone like yourself claiming credit for codes is that many of these codes were hacked over a decade ago, and the people who originally hacked them are often nowhere to be found. To make matters worse, it is in fact quite easy to hack an "Infinite Lives" code in RAM using an emulator (or a PSX/N64 GSPro, etc), and thus many codes genuinely have been hacked by more than one person, completely independent of one another. Of course, in cases like that, the first person to hack the code should get credit, and that has been done at GameHacking.org as much as humanly possible. But if someone submitted an "Infinite Lives" code for Pizza Monsters 3 for the NES to GameHacking.org ten years ago and has since left the scene, and you arrive far later and claim credit for that code...there's nothing I can or should do for you.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
Lazy Bastard
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
@ LB: This is one example of thousands:

http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=15&gid=7612

Star Wars Rebel Strike -- I hacked all of those character modifiers. They have been stripped of proper credit. This is one example of thousands of codes that lack the proper code credit in the raped GH/GSC 2007 db.
OK. Please provide some evidence to support this. Using your current site's database, which you can personally edit, will not suffice. Perhaps someone else from the scene that was around when you released those. Or a 3rd-party site that has timestamps containing those codes (such as forums somewhere, etc). If it can be established that you hacked these codes, I will gladly remove them from the GameHacking.org BSFree database, if that's what you'd like.

As mentioned before, the BSFree database, being a copy of GSC's database at the time of its dumping, was extremely problematic, and we didn't create the original credit documentation - you did, presumably.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #24
Rune @ GSC

Which is not the case here. I never claimed credit for any codes that I did not hack. You like to spread baseless falsehoods and are trying to ruin my reputation. It isn't working. GSCentral members, long gone and otherwise, know what I have hacked and have appreciated it.

I have specified codes like the ones I have just claimed now and your website has taken no action whatsoever to remedy errors such as the ones I have pointed above.

Besides, Pizza Monsters 3 was the worse in the series.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #25
Rune @ GSC

You didn't create the original db but you have since altered the code credit of thousands of codes. :-)

I am making it known clear here so everyone knows how your website functions and what kind of person is running it. Half of what you have said 'happened in the past' never happened at all. This is why GSCentral lives on and will continue to live on for the years to come.

Notice: Incase anyone was wondering, any typos are still there because the Edit Post isn't functioning correctly.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #26
Demonic722

I agree with rimsky for the most part. I don't think that an entire database can be "stolen" if those codes belong to the original code hacker. The only act that's considered "stealing" is if GameHacking.org labeled a code that you made with another code hacker's name and as far as I'm concerned, that has not happened.

Personally, I have nothing against you, Rune. I just think that you contradicted yourself a lot in these recent posts and you're not practicing what you're preaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
The people who had stolen the database did not hack all of the codes. From there, your argument has been nullified. I did not steal an entire website's years of work.

FYI, the codes of mine have also ended up in the GH db without my permission yet they are still there, 99% without proper credit. The last 1% are those that I actually posted recently so they weren't stolen like all of the rest were.
[url]http://board.gscentral.org/retro-hacking/9002.htm[/url] (Press F3 and search GMO)
^ This is a thread I viewed awhile ago over at GSC and it seems like there was an altercation between you and Ralf vs GMO. Ralf, a moderator on GSC, was accused of code theft because his Custom ASM Code was exactly the same as dcx2's. Anyone with knowledge of assembly would know that when writing a Custom ASM code, the chances of your code resembling another's is highly unlikely in comparison to a typical RAM Code. Here, it seems as if Ralf used the same instructions, registers, etc. as dcx2.

Anyways, let's get back to this "permission" issue. Later in that thread, GMO clearly stated that GSC no longer has permission to hosts his codes on the site ever.

Here's proof:

Your response to this was:

In the end, GMO was banned from GSC because of this (most likely). GMO later started a [url=http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/6187-Codes-Posted-to-Website-Databases]thread[/url] on GameHacking.org about this. If that GSC thread is altered, I hope these two images would provide enough evidence.

Last edited by Demonic722; 07-17-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
Rune @ GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic722 View Post
The only act that's considered "stealing" is if GameHacking.org labeled a code that you made with another code hacker's name and as far as I'm concerned, that has not happened.
It has happened already with those codes I have mentioned above and thousands of others. The proper code credit has been stripped away and does in fact exist in the GSCentral.org database. I don't have the time, inclination or even the patience to go around defacing codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic722 View Post
Personally, I have nothing against you, Rune. I just think that you contradicted yourself a lot in these recent posts and you're not practicing what you're preaching.
I snipped all of the GMO stuff because I didn't want an enormous reply. I am not aware of who was telling the truth or who was lying, or whether there was a miscommunication between Ralf and GMO, etc. I trust Ralf and I know that GMO has been a huge jerk to some people (myself included) in the past. The end result was inconclusive.

I have seen Ralf post literally dozens of original hacks that no one has posted elsewhere. No one has claimed he has stolen any other codes so I have to genuinely believe that he either did not intend to steal anything or there was some sort of 'lost in the translation' scenario going on. As I said, I never found him to be anything but nice to people and he helped port codes to NTSC from PAL/Germany.

With that said, I believe his native tongue is German so it's possible he doesn't understand what was going on. *shrugs*

Quote:
In the end, GMO was banned from GSC because of this (most likely). GMO later started a thread on GameHacking.org about this. If that GSC thread is altered, I hope these two images would provide enough evidence.
I know that GMO just hates GSCentral and there can be nothing done about that. It's been so long that I do not even recall the reason why. I don't recall slighting him but that is a separate thing entirely. He has gone on the record insulting GSCentral without provocation so you will have to ask him for his side of the story. All I know is that Ralf has never let me down and is a reliable code creator.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #28
Lazy Bastard
Administrator

GM0, who by the way has hacked more Wii codes than almost anyone in the scene (not to mention more PS2 codes, among other things) and has been a mainstay of hacking for at least a decade, probably developed a dislike for you and your poor rendition of GSC, during the GH<>GSC 'war' mentioned earlier. If you recall, he posted a thread stating that CMP (which he co-founded with UCF-Codemaster) was born at GameHacking.org (then named GSHI.org), when he and UCF met and decided to create a site dedicated specifically to PS2 hacking. He also stated, "GSHI will ALWAYS have the support of CMP." Your behavior during and immediately after that episode was probably what first irked him about you.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #29
Rune @ GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard View Post
GM0, who by the way has hacked more Wii codes than almost anyone in the scene (not to mention more PS2 codes, among other things) and has been a mainstay of hacking for at least a decade, probably developed a dislike for you and your poor rendition of GSC, during the GH<>GSC 'war' mentioned earlier. If you recall, he posted a thread stating that CMP (which he co-founded with UCF-Codemaster) was born at GameHacking.org (then named GSHI.org), when he and UCF met and decided to create a site dedicated specifically to PS2 hacking. He also stated, "GSHI will ALWAYS have the support of CMP." Your behavior during and immediately after that episode was probably what first irked him about you.
Again you are bringing in someone who has no idea what history happened before he was even involved directly via Wii hacks and what-not. He missed out on what happened from 1998 easily until as recently as 2008 or even 2010.

I know for sure that I had never slighted him personally until he had cast the first stone. I also know that raving general incoherent babble on the forums and insulting people will not likely result in a happy ending. That is what I personally witnessed when he came over to GSCentral and that is why he is no longer there.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #30
Viper187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC View Post
Again you are bringing in someone who has no idea what history happened before he was even involved directly via Wii hacks and what-not. He missed out on what happened from 1998 easily until as recently as 2008 or even 2010.
Actually, GMO has been around since about 2001. He hacked a ton of shit for GTA3 back in the day.

There's also [url=http://board.gscentral.org/archives/8642.htm]this[/url] glaring example of how you treat people who ask for their stuff to be removed. I never gave you permission to host a copy of Renegade. Your tools page seems to be as broken as the rest of the site, but Renegade is still listed.
Closed Thread