Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 07-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
futuracondensed

Default Congrats, guys

Hey all, just wanted to leave a note.

I was really saddened when ZD disappeared back in 2006, and it makes me happy to see its return. This place was both a resource and a tie to a great subculture that I'd love to see stick around.

I worked on ZD for a long time and put a lot of my free time into it. I'm a bit removed from emulation now, but I'd like to think of the site as a large part of the reason I got into journalism as a career. I wish you guys the best as ZD recommences as a site.

- Ernie Smith, aka Stick_Fig
futuracondensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
Edman
Administrator

Thanks, I hope you'll stick around a bit
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
mushroom blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuracondensed View Post
Hey all, just wanted to leave a note.

I was really saddened when ZD disappeared back in 2006, and it makes me happy to see its return. This place was both a resource and a tie to a great subculture that I'd love to see stick around.

I worked on ZD for a long time and put a lot of my free time into it. I'm a bit removed from emulation now, but I'd like to think of the site as a large part of the reason I got into journalism as a career. I wish you guys the best as ZD recommences as a site.

- Ernie Smith, aka Stick_Fig
holy shit, stick_fig'98!
I'm thoroughly amazed at how quick this site recovers.
mushroom blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
Kojote

i think the page recovers by far too slow... but that's probably just my opinion.

pages such as davesclassics and zophars were one of my main info sources about emulators in the late 90ies, so it would be a pleasure to see zophars running in a proper and frequent shape.

for now i miss the frequent news. there are far more things to report than you can actually see on the front page.

http://www.pdroms.de - Daily news for plenty of homebrew enabled consoles and handhelds!
Kojote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #5
Xeon3D

I totally agree with Kojote.
Even though the new system (for updating the archive) is not really helping, I can tell you that I'm doing as good as I can to help (I kinda think it was a lot easier with the old way of doing things (HTML editing)).

I try to get the DOS\Windows emulators news updated (while updating the archive as well for the new releases that get posted on the main page) while also trying to get the Mac section updated which isn't easy since the site was closed for ages and most Apple emulators have been updated since.

I don't really know how many content managers there are, but we're too small a number to get Zophar's 100% updated in such a quick time. The lack of updates in the archive is HUGE and as I've said before, the system is not helping much. There quite a few things that are not working and since the system was coded by hand we have to wait for Edman to fix stuff.
Xeon3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #6
Kojote

well, EDMAN, we are waiting

http://www.pdroms.de - Daily news for plenty of homebrew enabled consoles and handhelds!
Kojote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Terranigma Freak

I signed just to say thanks for bring the site back. I actually had a dream a couple of months ago that this site would return, but wow, it's just amazing to see it happen. I've probably been visiting this site since 1998 or some time around then.
Terranigma Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Xeon3D

Well, since you just signed. You could also post in the forums. We're a friendly community (and small as well in the current days), so why not join us?

Those were the days...
Xeon3D is offline   Reply With Quote