Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #41
shawn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,941
Default

I never said anything about rap fans and black people I was making a statement that it's easy to realize that someone likes rap music from their clothing and that was all. Every rap fan I've almost ever met was white so you made an ASSumption. I wondered how you screwed everything up. I guess your intelligence didn't take into the fact that all or even close to all rap fans aren't black.

As for big words. That doesn't prove anything besides you have a grasp for languages but from your automatically assuming I meant black people when I mean baseball cap and baggy pants means rapper and that is it I guess your common sense is lacking.

As for arrogance pipes is right on the money since you are and always have been arrogant. You have always had a sense of inflated self worth. As Ian stated in a prior post you had no excuse to sabotage the site because you could. I found that excuse something I would hear a teenager saying to validate their actions no matter how wrong they were. BTW he is right, you are absolutely untrustworthy. One second you are normal and the next you are like a stated before acting like a schizophrenic then acting like you weren't to blame it was someone else.

As for non sequitur you could have used inappropriate segway or changing the subject.

BTW you were trying to put words into my mouth and you weren't questioning but making accusations. You haven't changed one bit. You still are a troll.

As for a reply. Go ahead. I probably won't respond since I know it's just some game to you and you don't play by standard rules but are of more on the style of Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck twisting the truth so in the end it little resembles what it stated as, a simple joke. So your either a troll or a dumbass.

Hey remember back when I was a mod and I banned you? That was one of 2 bannings I actually enjoyed.
shawn is offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #42
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
I never said anything about rap fans and black people I was making a statement that it's easy to realize that someone likes rap music from their clothing and that was all. Every rap fan I've almost ever met was white so you made an ASSumption. I wondered how you screwed everything up. I guess your intelligence didn't take into the fact that all or even close to all rap fans aren't black.
Please point out to me any point in this thread where anyone demonstrated an assumption that you were referring to black people. After your initial comment about "someone wearing a cocked baseball cap and baggy pants 6 sizes to big" I asked for clarification as to your meaning but you failed to provide any until just now.

As has already been established in this thread, the clothing style you described is commonly associated with black people. The NAACP has repeatedly confirmed this by stating that any attempt to disallow such a style of dress is racist. So regardless of your personal experiences, the average person (including the average black person) associates the fashion style you described with a particular race, not a particular style of music.

As my initial entry point into the discussion regarded judging people based on their differences from one's self and your comment suggested I would react differently to "someone wearing a cocked baseball cap and baggy pants 6 sizes to big", it is only natural to assume you were referring to race. However, I never stated that that was what you were referring to, I *asked* if that was what you meant but instead of clarifying that that wasn't what you meant, you instead insulted my post count. And then, when I asked if you were calling me a racist, you accused me of calling you a racist.

Let's consider that again. You made a statement that I perceived as potentially calling me a racist. I asked if that was what you meant. You responded by talking about your black girlfriend and asking if I still thought you were a racist. I NEVER SAID YOU WERE A RACIST IN THE FIRST PLACE. I ASKED IF YOU WERE CALLING ME A RACIST. (And the fact that you have finally clarified, several posts after the fact, that you weren't referring to race is irrelevant to the issue.)

Let's look at it from another angle. If someone were to call you an asshole and you asked them why they called you an asshole and they responded by describing what a good person they were and then asked you if you still thought they were an asshole, would you have any clue what they were talking about?

Quote:
As for big words. That doesn't prove anything besides you have a grasp for languages but from your automatically assuming I meant black people when I mean baseball cap and baggy pants means rapper and that is it I guess your common sense is lacking.
Again, it was a perfectly reasonable response. And, again, instead of assuming as if that was what you meant and acting accordingly, I *asked* you if that was what you meant. How does "common sense" factor into being able to determine what a particular person means? As I already demonstrated, the style of dress you described is commonly associated with people of a particular race. Just because people of other races adopt the style doesn't erase that association. There are white people who are native to Mexico. Does that mean you would assume that someone who hates Mexicans isn't racist?

Quote:
As for arrogance pipes is right on the money since you are and always have been arrogant. You have always had a sense of inflated self worth. As Ian stated in a prior post you had no excuse to sabotage the site because you could. I found that excuse something I would hear a teenager saying to validate their actions no matter how wrong they were. BTW he is right, you are absolutely untrustworthy. One second you are normal and the next you are like a stated before acting like a schizophrenic then acting like you weren't to blame it was someone else.
I'm going to save this bit and respond to it in a completely new thread rather than attempt to cross-respond to multiple threads.

Quote:
As for non sequitur you could have used inappropriate segway or changing the subject.
First, a non sequitur is not always inappropriate. And it's never an upright transportation system. Regardless, that point of discussion was in regards to "big words" and both of your suggestions were bigger than 'non sequitur'.

Quote:
BTW you were trying to put words into my mouth and you weren't questioning but making accusations. You haven't changed one bit. You still are a troll.
Let's have a quick grammar lesson.

"Did you say this?" is a question. It is requesting clarification of your meaning. Asking someone if they said something does not constitute an accusation. It's simply saying "This is what I think you meant but I'm not entirely sure, so I'm requesting clarification."

"You said this." is a statement. It is making the claim that you said a particular thing. Were the statement false and negative, then it would constitute an accusation.

At no point in this thread did I ever say "Shawn said this." I asked you if you were calling me a racist and somehow you took that to mean that I was accusing you of being a racist. You then failed to actually answer my question and clarify what you meant until seven posts later.

Quote:
As for a reply. Go ahead. I probably won't respond since I know it's just some game to you and you don't play by standard rules but are of more on the style of Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck twisting the truth so in the end it little resembles what it stated as, a simple joke. So your either a troll or a dumbass.
What are these "standard rules" that you refer to? Where have I twisted the truth in this thread? I have made purely logical statements. The fact that you seem to have difficulty following that logic does not make the statement itself illogical. A reasonable person has no trouble comprehending what I'm saying.

Please, provide one example of me "putting words in your mouth" or "twisting the truth" in this thread. If you can successfully do so, I'll walk way from this board permanently, head held in shame. I won't even go into the fact that you seem to think Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck have a similar rhetorical style...

Quote:
Hey remember back when I was a mod and I banned you? That was one of 2 bannings I actually enjoyed.
No, I don't. If I had been banned from this forum, I wouldn't be able to post here. I have been required to change my login information about 27 different times but they pretty much all fades into one big haze.
InVerse is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #43
pipes
Senior Member
 
pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
You do realize that the use of 'sad' in that quote isn't referring to the emotion of sadness, don't you? 'Sad' is a common slang term for 'pathetic' which is clearly how it was used in this case. Do you not see how referring to a group of people as pathetic because of their taste in music is equal to bigotry?

You do know what bigotry means, right? A bigot is a person who is intolerant of people who are different from them. Insulting groups of people because of their taste in music is a clear example of bigotry.
There is hate for the style but no one is intolerant with anyone.

Quote:
Do you truly not know this? It is commonly known that such a style of dress is associated with African Americans. This is evident in the fact that the NAACP has stated on numerous occasions that attempts to ban such style is racist.
Juggalos are some strange breed of wiggers. There are not too many of them that are black as far as I know.

Quote:
Show me one example of a statement I've made for the sole purpose of eliciting a negative response. How does asking you to clarify what you meant with a particular statement constitute trolling? Did you not do the exact same thing when you asked me "What race?" ?
okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
I believe the answer is "being the sort of idiot who judges people based on their taste in music."
Implying that mushroom blue is an idiot.

Also getting it wrong on purpose as a juggalo is someone with a bad taste in music as being an emo kid is some strange style that kids do these days to look "emotional" or something. Just so happens that emo kids tend to like the same music together as that's part of the style, but you made it look like an emo kid is a type of taste in music.
__________________
The pipes never clangor.
pipes is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #44
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
There is hate for the style but no one is intolerant with anyone.
Intolerance - unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs

Are you claiming that to refer to someone as "sad" because of their taste in music somehow does not constitute a refusal to respect contrary opinions?

Quote:
Juggalos are some strange breed of wiggers. There are not too many of them that are black as far as I know.
Then you know very little. Juggalos are primarily fans of the band the Insane Clown Posse but also of other acts (currently or formerly) on the Psychopathic Records label, including Twiztid, Anybody Killa, Blaze Ya Dead Homie and Esham. Most of these bands make music that is commonly referred to as Horrorcore.

There is nothing "wigger" about Juggalos. Very little of ICP's musical content could be considered "stereotypically black". Are there some wiggers who listen to Horrorcore? Absolutely. And, in my part of the world, at least, there are plenty of so-called wiggers who listen to country music as well. But the majority of juggalos are not wiggers. And having attended ICP concerts as well as Juggalo Championship Wrestling events, I can attest that there were more than a handful of non-white attendees.

Quote:
Also getting it wrong on purpose as a juggalo is someone with a bad taste in music
So anyone who likes music that differs from the music that you like has "bad taste?"

Quote:
as being an emo kid is some strange style that kids do these days to look "emotional" or something. Just so happens that emo kids tend to like the same music together as that's part of the style, but you made it look like an emo kid is a type of taste in music.
I made it look that way because emo *is* a "type of taste in music". Emo is an established genre of music that has been around since the '80s. The music came first and then people who listened to it started to dress in the style that ended up taking the same name as the music.

Quote:
Implying that mushroom blue is an idiot.
Because he listed two groups of music fans and insulted both of them en masse. You're partially correct, however. Idiot was a poor choice of words. In hindsight the proper term would be 'asshole'.
InVerse is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #45
pipes
Senior Member
 
pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker View Post
Intolerance - unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs

Are you claiming that to refer to someone as "sad" because of their taste in music somehow does not constitute a refusal to respect contrary opinions?
Yes, because no one is stopping them, refusing them, and/or not tolerating anyone. If this were true, you would be the one that everyone has intolerance with, and be banned.
EDIT:But I hope you don't. Really I do. I know some people might disagree, but now I am thinking about it high, what if mooglyguy would comeback?

Quote:
There is nothing "wigger" about Juggalos. Very little of ICP's musical content could be considered "stereotypically black". Are there some wiggers who listen to Horrorcore? Absolutely. And, in my part of the world, at least, there are plenty of so-called wiggers who listen to country music as well. But the majority of juggalos are not wiggers. And having attended ICP concerts as well as Juggalo Championship Wrestling events, I can attest that there were more than a handful of non-white attendees.
So a good portion of black people listen to this shit? Funny and a little hard to believe, but I will take your word on it.

Quote:
So anyone who likes music that differs from the music that you like has "bad taste?"
To me at least.

Quote:
I made it look that way because emo *is* a "type of taste in music". Emo is an established genre of music that has been around since the '80s. The music came first and then people who listened to it started to dress in the style that ended up taking the same name as the music.
The music came first, but the dress style (witch is what everyone else is talking about) is now not associated anymore. Juggalos are with ICP and those other bands you mentioned.
__________________
The pipes never clangor.

Last edited by pipes; 06-09-2010 at 02:13 PM.
pipes is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #46
chiefmonkey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
So a good portion of black people listen to this shit? Funny and a little hard to believe, but I will take your word on it.
You spun the shit out of that one.

"Not all Juggalos are white" and "Most blacks listen to it" is not the same at ALL.
chiefmonkey is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #47
pipes
Senior Member
 
pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Light Brown View Post
You spun the shit out of that one.

"Not all Juggalos are white" and "Most blacks listen to it" is not the same at ALL.
EDIT: Black people became the subject when he clarified my "What race?"
__________________
The pipes never clangor.

Last edited by pipes; 06-09-2010 at 02:16 PM.
pipes is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #48
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
Yes, because no one is stopping them, refusing them, and/or not tolerating anyone. If this were true, you would be the one that everyone has intolerance with, and be banned.
Again, your English is lacking. Intolerance involves a lack of respect toward something that is different from one's self.


Quote:
So a good portion of black people listen to this shit? Funny and a little hard to believe, but I will take your word on it.
A good portion? Does that mean you believe that there are bad portions of black people? Do you believe that other races have bad portions as well or is it only blacks? Does this example of taking what someone said and applying the completely wrong definition of the word and then lambasting the person for something they didn't say in the first place give you any idea how difficult it is for people who have a fundamental grasp of the English to attempt to converse with you?

Quote:
Quote:
So anyone who likes music that differs from the music that you like has "bad taste?"
To me at least.
What an excellent opportunity for me to share some insight I gained approximately ten years ago from... *ahem* ...Violent J of the Insane Clown Posse. I forget the initial trigger of the post but somehow the Spice Girls were involved. Violent J commented that while he didn't like the Spice Girls, it would be arrogant for him to say that they sucked when there were over 20 million people who liked their music.

You call me arrogant for calling out the ignorance of specific individuals on this board yet you insult millions of people as a whole because you don't like the music to which they choose to listen or they clothes they choose to wear? And anyone who disagrees with you is a troll? To steal a quote that popped up in my Twitter timeline while I was typing this, you need to take a good, hard look in the mirror. And then slam your face good and hard into that mirror.

Quote:
The music came first, but the dress style (witch is what everyone else is talking about) is now not associated anymore. Juggalos are with ICP and those other bands you mentioned.
Rather than try to point out the multiple inaccuracies contained in your assumption, I'm simply going to pretend that you're right. Let's say you're right. Do you somehow think judging someone by the style of clothes that they wear is somehow more or less acceptable than judging them by their taste in music?

If both of those are acceptable, is it okay to judge someone by their ability to communicate in writing? After all, this is a message forum, a medium through which people communicate in written form. So one's style of writing could be viewed as the equivalent of one's choice of fashion. As such, wouldn't it be reasonable for people to assume you are stupid? After all, you made three basic spelling/grammatical errors in the above two quoted sentences.

And if we accept judging someone by their writing style then where do we finally draw the line? Do we judge someone because of their weight? Because of their religion? Because of their occupation?

What it comes down to is this: Ridiculing someone for their taste in music (or fashion) may not be anywhere near killing them because of their religion but the same close-minded thought process is inherent in each.
InVerse is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #49
pipes
Senior Member
 
pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,883
Default

Whatever, you win. I could go on, but I think everyone has stopped reading now that it's waaaaaay off subject. I have made my point (grammer errors aside).
__________________
The pipes never clangor.
pipes is offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #50
InVerse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midwest, U.S.
Posts: 1,489
Default

The only point you've made is that you are close-minded and are incapable of explaining your point of view. Rather than justify your claims, you obfuscate them by arguing against things that were never said in the first place. And apparently you do so in hopes of making yourself look good to everyone else. I assure you that you have failed spectacularly.
InVerse is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Contact Us - Zophar's Domain - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.